Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite (pyxis) was launched in September 2019 which came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind Havoc OS.
To install Havoc OS on Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite (pyxis), your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should have either TWRP Recovery or you can install via ADB Sideload method. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS GSI on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite features a 6.39 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 10 nm processor under Adreno 616 GPU. The handset packs 64/128GB variant with 6GB of RAM. Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite sports a Tripe rear camera with 48MP + 8MP + 2MP camera and Single Selfie camera with 32MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 9.0 Pie, planned upgrade to under MIUI 10 software package and backed by 4030 mAh battery. It has a fingerprint reader under display.
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 9.0 Pie based Havoc OS
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
|Try Any Gapps Below: [Mind The Gapps recommended]|
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite (pyxis)
- Make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more before doing any setup.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- You need a PC or Laptop to install this custom firmware on Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- You should unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite.
- Download and Install Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite TWRP Recovery.
- Download ADB and Fastboot driver Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required for 2nd method
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Havoc OS on Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite (pyxis).
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Havoc OS on Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite (pyxis) based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method doesn’t work, then go to the Havoc OS Phh-Treble thread in XDA and report your issue.