Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S (polaris) announced in March 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S. The ROM is developed by XDA Senior member Flatric. Full Credits to him and the team behind Havoc OS.
Talking about the specifications, Mi Mix 2S has a slightly curved ceramic back flanked by a metal frame to add durability. It features a 5.99-inch IPS LCD screen with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels. The device runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset processor clubbed by 8/6GB of RAM and 128/256GB of internal storage. On top, the Mi Mix 2S runs on MIUI 9 based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S sports a dual 12MP rear camera and 1.4-micron pixels front facing camera for low light selfies. The handset is backed by 3,400mAh battery.
To install Havoc OS on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 9.0 Pie based Havoc OS
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S (polaris)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
- You should be running the latest firmware and Vendor on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S: MiUi 8.12.27 (firmware + vendor)
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Havoc OS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Havoc OS on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S (polaris).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Havoc OS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.