Xiaomi Redmi 5A (Riva) launched in November 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on Xiaomi Redmi 5A . The ROM is developed by morerator-bot. Full Credits to him and the team behind Havoc OS.
To install Havoc OS on Xiaomi Redmi 5A , your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A is a device which appears to undertake the growing selfie smartphone marketplace with its 16-megapixel f/2.0 front camera. That isn’t yet, all she wrote. This phone really has more to it than that. It heavily sticks to its amazing Redmi roots and actually packs a key punch which we will be dissecting later. To begin, the configuration of this Redmi Note 5A we are going to be reviewing today packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 435, 3GB of RAM, and 32GB of storage.
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Xiaomi Redmi 5A :
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Xiaomi Redmi 5A
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Google USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi 5A .
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5A .
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Redmi 5A .
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Havoc OS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Havoc OS on Xiaomi Redmi 5A .
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Havoc OS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 5A [Updated]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Xiaomi Redmi 5A based on Android 10 Q
- Common Redmi 5A Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi 5A
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Xiaomi Redmi 5A