Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00T) launched in April 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
To install Havoc OS on Zenfone Max Pro M1, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
Before we move into upgradation process, let’s talk about the specs. Zenfone Max Pro M1 is a Dual SIM smartphone launched in April 2018. The phone comes with a 5.99-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It runs on Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 processor and 3/4/6GB of RAM. It comes with Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. This device packs a 32/64GB of expandable internal storage. Zenfone Max Pro M1 brings a Dual 13MP + 5MP primary camera on the rear and a 16-megapixel camera on the front.
Table of Contents
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Zenfone Max Pro M1:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Asus USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Havoc OS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Havoc OS on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Havoc OS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 Stock Firmware Collections [Back To Stock ROM]
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 based Android 10 Q
- List of Best Custom ROM for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 [Updated]
- Download and install AOSP Android 10 Q for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1