The recently released iOS 14 has bought in a ton of goodies for the iPhone users. Some of the noteworthy ones included the introduction of App Library, the ability to add widgets on the home screen, the all-new Siri interface, and a bunch of other privacy, security, and camera improvements. While these features managed to grab all the limelight, there were a few others that slightly went under the radar. One among them was the ability to hide apps or the entire home screen pages on your iPhone devices.
If you wish to make your home screen clutter-free or wish to hide a few apps from the prying eyes, then this feature will definitely come in handy. Up until now, all you could do to simply hide these apps was to put it inside a folder. That didn’t turn out to be a feasible option for many. In this regard, the latest iOS 14 feature will turn out to be quite an effective workaround. In this guide, we will show you how to hide apps or any home screen pages on your iPhone. Follow along.
How to Hide Apps or Any Home Screen Pages on iPhone
To begin with, we will first list out the steps to hide the apps, followed by the entire home screen pages. For both of them, the only prerequisite is that your device needs to be running the latest iOS14 on your device. With that said, here are the required instructions for both.
Hiding Apps on your iPhone
- In order to hide apps on your iPhone, we would be making use of the new App Library feature.
- For that, long-press on the desired app of your choice. This will bring in the context menu, select the Remove App option from the list.
- In the confirmation dialog box that appears, select the Move to App Library option.
- If you have selected any of the system apps, the above option will be modified as Remove from Home Screen.
- Once you have made the selection, the desired app will be hidden.
- To access it, simply head over to the last home screen page and do a left swipe. This will bring up the App Library page.
- From there, head over to the desired app category and access the app you had hidden earlier.
- Apart from that, you could also make use of the Search bar to find hidden apps. Simply swipe down from any of your home screens and it will bring about the search functionality.
- Furthermore, from now on, you could also let all the new apps get directly added to the App Library, bypassing the home screen. For that, go to Settings > Home Screen and tap on the App Library the Only option.
- To revert this, select the Add to Home screen option or drag your apps outside from the app library, and that’s it.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to hide apps on your iPhone devices. Let’s now turn our attention towards hiding the home screen pages. Follow along.
Hiding Home Screen Pages
Not only the individual apps, but you could even hide the entire home screen pages from your iPhone devices. The only thing to keep in mind is that you need to have at least one home screen page. Well, this something along the obvious grounds and doesn’t need any explanations as such. With that in mind, here are the steps to hide your home screen pages:
- Head over to your home screen and long-press on an empty region on the screen. This should make all your apps fidget.
- Then at the bottom, you will horizontal row of dots, indicating the number of home screens.
- Now just untick the home screen page or pages that you need to hide. Once that is done, hit the Done button situated at the top right and that’s it.
- To access any of the apps from the hidden home screens, you could make use of the App Library or the Search toolbar.
- On the other hand, to bring back the hidden pages, head over to the Edit Page and then tick mark the pages that you need to unhide.
So this was all from this guide on how to hide apps or the entire home screen pages on your iPhone devices. As mentioned before these steps are only valid for devices running the latest iOS 14, For iPhone devices with an earlier OS, they could make use of the Screen Time feature. This feature is available on all iPhones running iOS 12, iOS 13, iOS 14.
On the flip side, you could only hide a limited number of apps. To access it, head over to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps. With that said, we come to the end of the guide. If you have any issues, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.