Today Huawei started rolling the latest updated version of Android 7.0 Nougat for Honor 9. The update brings the build number to STF-AL10C00B190 on Honor 9 China variant. Now you can install Honor 9 B190 Nougat Firmware on STF-AL10 variant.
The update is sent via OTA (Over the air), and it may take a couple of days or even weeks to receive the update. Like we said, The update is rolling in a phase-wise manner. You need to wait for the official roll out to upgrade Huawei Honor 9 to the new version. The update brings the latest Android Google Security Patch and also brings a couple of improvements and bug fixes.
Table of Contents
Manually Check Honor 9 B190 Nougat Firmware STF-AL10 [China]
If you are still waiting for the OTA update on your Honor 9, then you can check for the OTA manually. Follow our below guide which can see if you have any OTA on your phone. Before that make sure you are running Official Stock ROM without root or mods installed. If you are rooted, then first you need to unroot your phone.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei Honor 9. In case if you find the Honor 9 B190 Nougat Firmware build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup before any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Huawei Honor 9, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Honor 9 B190 Nougat Firmware. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei Honor 9
- Model No: STF-AL10
- Android OS: 7.0
- EMUI Version: 5.0
- Firmware: B170
- Build Number: STF-AL10C00B190
- Region: China
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
What’s on Android 7.0 Nougat?
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This Update is only for Huawei P10 Lite with WAS-LX1A users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
STF-AL10C00B190 – China
Some Useful Tips and Tricks:
- Huawei Honor 9 Stock Firmware collections
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Huawei Honor 9
- How to Install Xposed Framework on Nougat 7.0 and 7.1
- A guide to fix Bootloop Issue Caused by an Incompatible Xposed Module
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device