Huawei started seeding a new firmware update based on Android 8.0 Oreo for Honor 9. The update upgrades the software version to STF-AL10C00B338, STF-AL00C00B338, and STF-TL10C00B338 (18.104.22.1688) on Honor 9 variant in China region. Now you can install Honor 9 B338 Oreo Update on the STF China variant.
The update is sent via OTA (Over the air) and it is sent in a phase-wise manner. The update may take a couple of days or even weeks to reach every corner of the world. This update adds the AR lens in Camera for more fun and interesting photos, Improves the success rate of Bluetooth pairing, Integrates Google security patches released in Feb 2018 for improved system security and Fixes an issue where the display language on the lock screen was not updated after the system language was switched.
The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and much more. With Android Oreo, you will see the new UI improvements along with redesigned settings menu.
Manually Check Honor 9 B338 Oreo Update STF
If you are waiting for the latest OTA update on your Honor 9, then you can check the OTA manually. Follow our below guide which can see if you have any OTA on your phone. Before that make sure you are running Official Stock ROM without root or mods installed. If you are rooted, then first you need to unroot your phone.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Honor 9. In case if you find the Honor 9 B338 Oreo Update build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup of any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Honor 9, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Honor 9 B338 Oreo Update. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Honor 9
- Model No: STF-AL10, STF-AL00, and STF-TL10
- Android OS: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Oreo: 22.214.171.1248
- Firmware: B338
- Build Number: STF-AL10C00B338, STF-AL00C00B338, and STF-TL10C00B338
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
- This update adds the AR lens in Camera for more fun and interesting photos. Adds the AR lens. You can use it to add stickers to your photos, and change their backgrounds. Open Camera, and swipe right to try out the AR lens.
- Improves the success rate of Bluetooth pairing.
- Integrates Google security patches released in Feb 2018 for improved system security.
- Fixes an issue where the display language on the lock screen was not updated after the system language was switched.
- This Update is only for Honor 9 with STF-AL10, STF-AL00, and STF-TL10 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure that you have latest Huawei USB drivers installed
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
STF-AL10C00B338 – 126.96.36.1998
STF-AL00C00B338 – 188.8.131.528
STF-TL10C00B338 – 184.108.40.2068
Some Useful Tips and Tricks:
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Honor 9
- Downgrade Honor 9 from Android 8.0 Oreo To Nougat
- Install Xposed Framework for Android Oreo – Download Xposed v89
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device