Some good news is up for the Huawei Honor 9N users, as the OEM has now made the latest June 2020 security update available for the users. The update has been pushed via OTA in batches and will take its own time in hitting all the regions. However, if you do not wish to wait for the OTA to arrive on your phone and want to manually upgrade your Honor 9N (aka Honor 9i) then, you are at the right place as in this post, we will give you the links to download the June security package which you can make use to upgrade your phone. This June 2020 security update for the Honor 9N is based on the EMUI 9.1 which is based on Android 9 Pie.
Honor 9N was launched back in 2018, and it comes with a Kirin 659 chipset, a 3000 mAh battery, as well as 3/4 GB of RAM. In the display department, it sports a 5.84-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, and it came with Android 8 Oreo out of the box. It has received one major OS update in the form of Android 9 Pie and that’s about it. Luckily, Honor is not keeping the device with the old security patch and has made the June 2020 patch available in different regions. The update arrives with version LLD-22.214.171.124, LelandP-126.96.36.199, LLD-188.8.131.52, and LelandP-184.108.40.206 models of the Honor 9N. So, with that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
Table of Contents
Check for the Software Update on Honor 9N
We would advise all the Honor 9N users to first check for the update notification before heading over to the steps mentioned below for manual upgrading. If the update is available via OTA then, you are spared a few steps that you would have to make for a manual update. In order to check for the June security update, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings menu on your phone.
- Then tap on the System Option.
- Now under the System Option, head over to System Update menu.
- Tap on Check for Updates. This will show you the latest update, if available.
- Device: Honor 9N
- Model: LLD, LelandP
- Android version: Android 9 Pie
- EMUI version: EMUI 9.1
- Firmware version: 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168
- Security patch level: June 2020
– Integrates Android security patches released in June 2020 for improved system security.
- This article and the firmware files given in this post are only meant for the Honor 9N and should not be used for any other phone.
- Make sure to charge your phone to about 50% or above for a smooth process.
- You will need a PC and a USB cable.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your phone’s data.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers
Now to install the downloaded June 2020 security firmware on your Huawei Mate 20 Lite, you can simply refer to our complete post by clicking the button below:How To Install Stock Firmware on any Huawei Device
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys were able to update your Huawei Mate 20 Lite with the latest June 2020 security patchset using the link given above for the package file and the installation procedure mentioned above. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues while following any of the above-mentioned methods. Until the next post…Cheers!