Huawei started rolling a new update for Honor MediaPad T3 (AGS) which upgrades the security patch level to May 2019. The update is rolling out for users over-the-air all around the globe. The latest security maintenance release fixes several vulnerabilities in both Android OS and Huawei’s software EMUI. You can now download Honor MediaPad T3 May 2019 Security Patch from the link given below.
With this update, Huawei improved the overall security features and improved the performance of the Honor MediaPad T3. You can check for the software update manually from the Honor MediaPad T3 Settings > System Update > Software update. But if you’re an advanced user and don’t want to wait for a long, install the firmware update package from the Huawei flash tool.
How to Check Software Update on Honor MediaPad T3
The OTA (over the air) usually comes to your device automatically but there is no guarantee how long it would take you to receive the OTA individually. This means even if the update is available in some parts of your region, you may not get to see it for weeks due to phase-wise roll out. So, the alternative way is to search for the software on your own. To do it,
- In your phone Settings > System –>.
- System Update –> Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If a new build number with May 2019/or any update is available, then tap on Download.
The software for May 2019 may weigh a lot in size. So, the ideal way is to find and connect to a Wi-Fi network. Then download the OTA via Wi-Fi. It will save your carrier data charges. Your Honor MediaPad T3 must have at least 50% or more before installing the new May 2019 security update.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Honor MediaPad T3
- Model No: AGS-L09, L03/ AGS-W09
- Android OS: 7.0 Nougat
- EMUI Version: 5.1
- Security Patch: May 2019
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
- Integrates Google security patches released in May 2019 for improved system security.
Download May 2019 Security for Honor MediaPad T3
Steps to Install Firmware on Honor MediaPad T3
Before following the below guide on how to install the firmware on Honor MediaPad T3, you need to follow certain requirements. Download the required files before flashing the firmware on your phone.
- Supported Device: Honor MediaPad T3 [AGS-L09, L03/ AGS-W09]
- What you need: You need to Activate the Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Required Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- Backup before upgrading: Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
- Charge before upgrading: Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.