Do you want to install a Custom ROM on Honor View 10? then you are at the right place. Now you can install the first custom ROM called OpenKirin’s AOSP 8.0 Oreo Project Treble on Honor View 10. This ROM is based on the latest Android 8.0 Oreo Source code developed by OpenKirin Team member surdu_petru. Download and install Honor View 10 AOSP 8.0 Oreo Project Treble by following the guide below.
Honor View 10 is the latest honor mobile device which comes with world’s first AI processor. The Huawei Kirin 970 chipset brings you a faster, stronger, and seamless smartphone experience. Its built-in NPU (neural-network processing unit) enables deep learning based on user behavior, ensuring your Honor View10 truly understands you.
Talking about the specs, Honor View 10 features 5.99-inches LTPS IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The device has a full view 18:9 display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. Honor View 10 is powered by Hisilicon Kirin 970 processor clubbed with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It can be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The smartphone sports a Dual 16 + 20MP rear camera and 13MP front-facing camera.
If you are still wondering how to install Honor View 10 AOSP 8.0 Oreo Project Treble, then this guide will help you in the installation of this Custom ROM. Along with AOSP features and customization, the ROM also includes stock Honor V10 EMUI Camera with the last “AR lens” feature, FPS gestures, Google Pixel Bootanimation, Chrome Browser, OmniClockOSS, Includes Gapps, and also have latest February 2018 Security Patch.
Table of Contents
What is Project Treble?
Project Treble is Google’s brainchild. It came into existence to solve the ever pertaining slow system updates. OEM specific OS updates are sometimes even slower. Most of the times you can see users complaining of not getting the update in time. Google’s Project Treble will put the OS framework separate from the vendor’s implementations. Manufacturers will be able to provide latest system updates by updating the OS framework. Treble has now been integrated with Android Oreo 8.0. It’s mandatory for all the Android 8.0 based devices to have it.
Steps to install AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Honor View 10:
Now you can download and install AOSP Treble Oreo on Honor View 10 using this guide. To Install this Project Treble Oreo ROM, first, you need to be running EMUI 8.0 Oreo firmware on Honor View 10, then you should unlock the bootloader on Honor View 10. Once you have unlocked the bootloader, you can simply flash the AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo on Honor View 10.
What’s in Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Also Check: Top 10 Features of Android 8.0 Oreo
Required Honor View 10 AOSP 8.0 Oreo Project Treble
- This will work on Honor View 10 (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool on Windows and Mac
- Make sure, that you have already FRP and Unlocked Bootloader.
- Backup the system partition, in case if you want to roll back to EMUI 8.0 later.
How to Backup System Partition?
- First of all, install Root Honor View 10 Using Magisk Manager
- Now connect the device to PC using USB Cable.
- Install ADB Drivers and Open the Command window
- Type the following command,
adb shell su dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system of=/storage/emulated/0/system.img
- Copy system.img to your desktop :
adb pull storage/emulated/0/system.img
- Whenever you want to go back to stock EMUI, put your device in bootloader mode and type :
fastboot flash system system.img
- It may require also a factory reset into recovery!
- parse system image from BKL-L09 B130 (C432) : BKL-C432B130_system .img
Instructions to Install Honor View 10 AOSP 8.0 Oreo Project Treble :
- First of all, Unlock Bootloader on Honor View 10
- Go to Recovery and perform “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe cache partition”
- Connect your phone to computer using USB Cable
- Now flash the system image via fastboot mode.
- Download the ADB fastboot tool on your computer
- Move the system image into adb fastboot extracted folder.
- Open the ADB fastboot folder, Open the command window, by pressing the shift key and right mouse click on the folder blank space.
- Type the following command to flash the system image:
fastboot flash system system.img
- Now boot into Stock Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery or you can type the following command
- Perform a factory reset and enjoy the Android Oreo Treble ROM on Honor View 10.
Find all Android 8.0 Oreo Tips and Tricks to enable picture in picture feature WiFi issue and Other Most advanced features, tricks, and tips.
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/tag/android-8-0-oreo-tips/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#3b4193" color="#ffffff" size="7" center="yes" icon="icon: check-square-o" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]Click To Find More Tips and Tricks[/su_button]
[su_heading size="16" align="left"]CHECK POPULAR POST[/su_heading]
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Honor View 10 AOSP 8.0 Oreo Project Treble. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.