Android Operating System has gone a really long way ever since it was first launched in Nov 2007. Every year, new updates and new upgrades surface over-the-air (OTA) and other methods that allow the users to escalate the performance of their devices and the ability to use more refined and sophisticated OS with every update. Unlike the colossal changes in the features, functionalities, appearance and a lot more, there is a feature which has remained the same over the year but indeed it is really powerful. We are talking about the recovery mode as a built-in feature of any Android device. Here we will guide on how to boot into recovery on Moto X4.
Table of Contents
What is Recovery Mode?
Recovery Mode on any Android smartphone is a powerful inbuilt feature that lets the developers and users perform various tasks proving it’s prowess over other features. There are several options when you enter the recovery mode which includes installing updates either from SD card or through ADB, etc. The functionality lets the users tweak into the official firmware to get more functionalities in their smartphones.
It is a known fact that not all smartphone manufacturer allow the users to install third-party or a different firmware in their phones with the goal to maintain user interest and benefit, however, manufacturers such as Motorola exercised no such restrictions that enable the developers and users to use their skills and knowledge and instil more functionalities and features in their phones.
Talking about the various features of the Recovery Mode, you can apply updates and new official or unofficial firmware and custom ROM and other installation files to your devices through ADB or through SD Card. Then, you have the option to wipe the data off from your smartphone i.e. factory reset that makes the phone as new as a new one just unboxed. Then, you can tweak into the wipe cache partition to wipe off the excess cache storage in case if your smartphone has ceased to perform optimally and has been suffering from depleting performance. But how to enter the recovery mode? This is a question for which, we have explained the step-by-step guide to discuss the complete process of getting into this powerful partition of your smartphone.
How to boot into recovery on Moto X4?
Booting into the recovery mode on Moto X4 is simple. Follow the suit mentioned below as per your preferences to get into the mode in a bit.
Method 1: Using Hardware Buttons
1. To enter into the recovery mode, you’ll have to switch off your phone and keep it idle for a sec.
2. Now, place your fingers on the Volume Button, Power Button, and Home Button all at once and wait for a couple of seconds until the phone vibrates or shows an Android sign.
3. To access any particular option, use the Power Button as it acts as a ‘Select’ or ‘OK’ button.
4. The Volume Up and Volume Down button will help you scroll down from amidst the available options, though some devices will have only the Volume Up button.
5. Scroll down to the screen using volume button to enter the ‘Recovery’ mode after which, an “Injured” or “Broken” Android sign will appear.
6. Hit the Volume Up button and Volume Down button for four or five seconds and then, hit the Power button once to slide into the recovery mode.
7. Now that you have entered the recovery mode, you can access all the features and options available. To return, simply hit the option ‘reboot system now’ to boot into the OS.
Method 2: Enter via ADB on Mac
Firstly, install the ADB Fastboot Tool /or USB drivers for Moto X4 in your Mac and configure it accordingly.
Now, connect the USB cable to the Moto X4 and the Mac.
Fetch the ‘Terminal’ app and enter “/<PATH>/android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/adb reboot recovery” this will put the phone into the Recovery Mode.
Method 3: Enter via ADB on Windows
1. The procedure to ascertain in the Windows is similar to the Mac with a slight change in the search query.
2. Check if you have the ADB and USB drivers installed on your Windows PC and properly configured.
3. Now, connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
4. Open the Command Prompt and search for “android-sdk-windows\platform-tools” and then, type “adb reboot recovery” which will put the Moto X4 into Recovery Mode for your usage.
This marks the end of the post where you learned about how to boot into the recovery mode on Moto X4.