Now you can Downgrade ASUS Zenfone 3 Android Oreo to stock Android Nougat. Very recently ASUS Zenfone 3 Android Oreo update was rolled out. Although it is a stable update, most of the times users do not like the current update. They want to go back to their previous OS. So, basically, you have to take your device back to Android Nougat OS. In this post, we will teach you how to Downgrade ASUS Zenfone 3 Android Oreo back to Android Nougat OS.
Needless to say, since you want to go back to Nougat OS you have to first get hold of stock Android Nougat firmware. Usually, with a new OS level update, a user expects certain features or fixes. If the latest update doesn’t deliver the same or complicates the existing issue, the user thinks of reverting back to the older OS.
ASUS Zenfone 3 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in May 2016. The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. It runs on 2 GHz 625 Snapdragon processor and 2 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. This device packs a 64 GB of expandable internal storage. The device brings a 16-megapixel primary camera for the rear and 8-megapixel front face camera.
Download Zenfone 3 Nougat Firmware To Downgrade ASUS Zenfone 3 Android Oreo
Here is the direct link for you to grab the stock Android Nougat update.
- Stock Android Nougat OS for Zenfone 3 | Download
How To Downgrade ASUS Zenfone 3 Android Oreo
There are two ways to manually Downgrade ASUS Zenfone 3 Android Oreo back to Android Nougat. You can flash the ROM through stock recovery or you can use ADB fastboot to install it. Before downgrading,
- Your phone must be running official Stock ROM.
- Ensure that your phone is not rooted.
- This Nougat ROM is exclusively for ASUS Zenfone 3 smartphone.
- Do not use this firmware on other ASUS devices.
- GetDroidTips is not responsible for any damage to your device while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows.
- Unlock bootloader of your device. It will wipe out all the data on your phone.
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Steps To Downgrade ASUS Zenfone 3 Android Oreo to Android Nougat
Using Stock Recovery Method
Step-1 First of all Download the zip file from above link and rename the file to update.zip.
Step-2 Now Switch Off your device and reboot into recovery mode by pressing Power button +Volume UP button.
Step-3 Connect your device to the PC using a micro USB cable.
Step-4 Now in recovery mode Wipe Cache and Data/Factory Reset.
Step-5 Now Choose update.zip file which you downloaded.
Step-6 Wait until installation process completes.
Step-7 Reboot your phone after firmware installation is done.
Downgrade ASUS Zenfone 3 Android Oreo Using ADB and Fastboot
- First of all, Unlock the bootloader on your phone. (If your device is already unlocked, then skip this step.)
- Now Install and Setup the ADB Fastboot on your PC.
- Move the downloaded Moto X4 firmware to adb fastboot folder.
- Now boot your Moto X4 into bootloader mode by turning the phone off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN + POWER button simultaneously for few seconds until you see the bootloader menu on your phone screen.
- Once you are in the bootloader menu.
- Connect your Moto X4 to PC using USB Cable
- Open the ADB Folder where you extracted the firmware file.
- In the adb folder, hold the Shift Key (keyboard) and click the Right-click button (mouse) on the empty screen inside the ADB Folder.
- You will be seeing this option to open the command window.
- Once you see the command screen, now you can type the below command one by one on your PC.
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin mfastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img mfastboot reboot-bootloader mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn mfastboot erase modemst1 mfastboot erase modemst2 mfastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin mfastboot flash dsp dspso.bin mfastboot flash logo logo.bin mfastboot flash boot boot.img mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7 mfastboot flash system_b system_other.img mfastboot flash oem oem.img mfastboot erase carrier mfastboot erase userdata mfastboot erase ddr fastboot reboot
That’s all you have to do. Now you know how to Downgrade ASUS Zenfone 3 Android Oreo back to NougatOS. If you have any queries let us know through comments.
Follow GetDroidTips for all the useful tricks and tips for your smartphones.