Dark Theme or the Dark Mode is one of the most popular features that every smartphone user have demanded and also it has been the most talked-about feature of this year. Most of the OEMs have already included this Dark Mode or the Dark Theme in their skins based on the Android OS but, Google has finally made this feature in-built for the stock Android running devices with the latest Android 10. Besides, in this post, we will guide you on how to enable the dark theme on Android 10. Recently, Google unveiled the Android 10, where they have ditched the dessert name and are now going with the simple numeric name to the Android OS.
Moreover, the logo has also seen some remodeling and we now see a new shade of green. The process is very easy and once you follow all the steps mentioned in this post then, you would be able to turn ON the dark mode very easily. The Dark Mode has made rounds to a lot of eligible mobiles running the betas of the Android 10 before its launch and everyone seemed pretty excited about it. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
How to enable dark theme on Android 10?
Dark mode or the dark theme is a newly added feature in the Android operating system and is now a permanent feature which was hugely demanded. Moreover, the dark theme not only saves the battery of the devices as the black pixel consume less energy as compared to the other ones but, also it provides the convenience to the users to use the smartphones in dim light or in low light conditions.
Steps To Enable Dark Theme on Android 10
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Display.
- You will see a Dark Theme toggle button.
- Toggle to turn it ON.
- That’s it!
In the same way, you can also disable the Dark Theme on the Android 10 on your device if you are in a perfectly lighted condition or do not want to use the Dark Theme.
How to Add Dark Theme to Quick Settings
You do not need to every time head to the Settings menu to enable or disable the Dark Theme on the Android 10. Follow the below steps to add the dark theme to the quick settings menu;
- Completely pull the notification bar by scrolling down twice to access the Quick Settings menu.
- Now, tap on the pencil icon placed at the bottom left corner of the Quick Settings menu.
- You will be presented with some more quick settings icons that you can place it under the Quick Settings menu button.
- Drag and drop the Dark Theme toggle to any place on the Quick Settings menu according to your preference.
- That’s It! You can now quickly access the Dark Theme option under the Quick Settings menu.
How to Change the System Accent Color
Previous Android version had only one system accent color which was blue. However, with the latest Android 10, Google has tried to provide the users with a more customizable experience with the Android operating system. A new feature has been included in the Android 10 that allows the user to change the system accent color from the default one to the one of their choosing. Moreover, there are a total of 8 accent colors to choose from.
Follow the below steps to change the system accent color on the Android 10;
- Open Settings.
- Now, head to the About Phone option.
- Scroll down and tap on the Android version.
- Tap on the build number 7 times till you see a toast message “You are now a developer“.
- Now, go back to the Settings menu and tap on System.
- Then, tap on Advanced>>Developer Options.
- Scroll down at the bottom to access the Accent color.
- Tap on the color you wish to set as your system accent color.
- That’s it!
You can choose between the 8 accent colors to change the look and experience of the Android 10 UI on your device. Below are the screenshots of all the 8 system accent colors on both Dark theme and Light theme on Android 10;
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you guys liked this post and were able to turn on the Dark theme mode on the Android 10 device. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any difficulties following any of the above-mentioned methods. Until the next post…Cheers!