In this article, we would enable the developer options and debugging mode on Galaxy A8 and Galaxy A8 Plus and learn how to make the most of it.
The developer option has extremely helpful features that help customise your Samsung device. Once you enable the developer mode on your device, you will get access to hidden features on it. Both phones feature very impressive configuration, in terms of performance, they are amongst the best in the market presently.
Usually, the developer options are hidden in the device operating system by Google and it is supposed to be accessed by Android developers. However, for an ordinary user, it becomes important when we flash the firmware, custom recovery, and so on. Most importantly, USB debugging can only be enabled once we have access to developer options. Being an Android user, these settings are familiar as they help customise your device to your specifications. So if you are serious about customization and device personalization, then enabling developer option would be the path to follow.
The method for accessing developer options is quite simple as it does not require any serious technical skill, however, using the features of the developer options incorrectly can cause harm to your device so if you are not certain, don’t use this option.
RECOMMENDED READ: Galaxy A8 and Galaxy A8 Plus WiFi Issues Troubleshoot Fix and Guide
USB debugging becomes necessary when connecting your device to a PC and transferring files is the aim. To use this option also, activating developer options is necessary.
How to Enable Developer Options on Galaxy A8 Plus and Galaxy A8
The steps below show how to activate developer options on Galaxy A8 plus and A8:
- Turn on your smartphone
- Navigate to the settings icon and tap
- Scroll down and tap on the about device option
- On the about device menu, tap on software info
- Scroll down and locate the build number option then tap seven times over it
- Each time you tap on it, you will get a message that contains a number of steps remaining to become a developer. Once you tap seven on build number, a message will appear saying, you are now a developer, or something similar to that.
- Now go back to settings, scroll down, there you will get to see the developer options.
- Through the steps, you can activate the developer options on Galaxy A8 Plus and Galaxy A8 device anytime. Now that this option has been accessed, the USB debugging mode on Galaxy A8 or Galaxy A8 Plus can be enabled.
How to Enable Debugging Mode on Galaxy A8 Plus and Galaxy A8
The USB debugging mode is an essential part of an Android operating system. The following steps highlight how the USB debugging mode on Galaxy A8 and Galaxy A8 Plus can be enabled.
- Tap the settings icon
- Scroll down and tap on the developer options
- Scroll down and locate the USB debugging option and enable it
- Exit the settings
Now your Samsung Galaxy device can be connected to your PC/laptop and options like the firmware upgrade and performance improvement can be carried out on the device.
To Deactivate Developer Options
- Open settings on your device
- Look for applications under it and tap on it
- Now engage settings on the options and tap on it
- Perform the clear data function
I hope this guide was helpful to Enable Developer Option and Debugging Mode on Galaxy A8 and A8 Plus. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.