Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro users are having fun with the best features that have been launched at a budgeted price. The users say that this phone is really good at performing any task such as the screen-mirroring, multi-tasking and many more. It is because of this wonderful phone, the thinking about the smartphone and the love and expectation towards it has been changing in a good note. With so many features that can be bought at a limited price, the phone should also be given a little care and safety right? Are you safe about your phone? What if your new phone gets lost? I guess you would complain to the police station right? Complaining about the issue to the police station by providing what proof? There is no proof, right? Read the below guide that would assist you as what has to be done when your phone gets lost!
IMEI is an abbreviation for International Mobile Station Equipment Identity Number which is a unique 10 digit number that is totally different from different brands and model no. Due to this IMEI number, the user would be able to track down his stolen device or he may also be able to find the stolen one! All you need to do is copy down the IMEI number in a paper before your phone gets lost as this number would be very useful to file a complaint or even track the stolen one. Want to know how to find the IMEI number? Read the below!
Steps to find IMEI number in Redmi 6 Pro
- Unlock the screen of your phone and open the phone’s dialer
- Type the secret code *#06#
- Once you type the above secret code, you will see a window with IMEI number
- Do not screenshot it as this number is required when your phone is stolen and the screenshot cannot help you while your phone is stolen and hence, write it down in a paper and secure the paper!
Do you have the original mobile box with you? If yes then you will find the IMEI number in this box. Look for a barcode label at the bottom of your Redmi 6 Pro smartphone box.
- Visit the Settings Menu
- Scroll down and click on About Phone
- Tap on Status
- Now click on the IMEI information
- With Xiaomi phones you will see two IMEI numbers as most of the phones come with two SIM cards.
I guess the first two methods were easy right? All you need to do is write down the number in a paper and keep the paper safe. I hope the above article has come to your help. Feel free to contact us by commenting on the below comment section if you have any doubts and we will make sure to respond as soon as possible.