Facebook is a tech giant that has made social networking one of the key things in our life. Another popular application that is meant for social networking is Instagram. Facebook bought Instagram for around $1 billion back in 2012 when it was not generating revenue. However, once Facebook took over the proceedings, things changed and Instagram is one of the most used applications that any smartphone has in the device. You now also have the option of linking your Facebook account with the Instagram account so that whatever you post on Insta is also visible to your friends on Facebook and vice versa.
However, sometimes when you try to link your Fb account to Instagram it shows error something like ‘The Facebook page you tried to add is already owned by another business’. And if you are also facing such issues while linking your account on Instagram then, you are at the right place. As in this post, we will guide you on how to fix the Facebook page owned by another business issue or error on Instagram. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself:
Table of Contents
How To Fix Facebook Page Owned by Another Business Issue on Instagram
Below you can follow the steps to avoid the issue of the page owned by another business on Instagram.
Adding user in Facebook Business
- You can ask other admins of your page to open business.facebook.com webpage.
- The Fb page linked to their account will be displayed.
- Now tap on the page on which you are facing issues.
- Go to the top right corner and hit the Business Settings option.
- Under the Users tab, click on People.
- Then tap on the Add button next to People.
- You will now be required to enter the email address of the person who is trying to link the page to Instagram.
- Also, turn ON the toggle next to Admin access.
- Follow the on-screen process to complete the procedure.
- Then open the email address you entered to accept the invitation.
- Once the admin is added you can now open the Instagram app.
- Log out of your account and login back and see it if you can add the page to your Instagram account.
Check Facebook Page Roles
- Open Facebook Page in the mobile app.
- Then head to Settings>>Page Roles.
- You will see usernames along with their roles mentioned.
You can do this also on a desktop.
- Open the Facebook Page.
- Click on Settings at the top right corner.
- Click on Page Roles located on the left side.
- That’s it.
Reconnect Facebook Page
- Open the Instagram page.
- Go to your Profile and hit the triple line icon.
- Tap on Settings.
- Now go to Account>>Linked Accounts.
- Then tap on Facebook and enter your login details.
- Once it is added, tap on Facebook again.
- If this does not work then, you can head to Profile and tap on the Edit profile.
- Then head to Pages and select the required page.
Switch Back to Personal Account
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap on the three-line icon to go to Settings.
- Navigate to Account>>Personal Account.
- Once you are in Personal Account try to link your Facebook Page.
- If it is successfully done then you can head back and change your account from personal to professional.
- For that go to Settings > Account > Switch to Professional account.
Connect Instagram on Facebook
- Open Facebook and head to Settings.
- Click on the Instagram button located on the left side.
- Login to your account.
- You will get the Add your Instagram to get started option.
- And try to connect your Facebook Page to your Instagram
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this and were able to successfully link your Facebook page to your Instagram account without any difficulties. If you guys have any suggestions or you come across any difficulties then you can drop us a comment below. Let us know other steps as well via which we can resolve this issue on Facebook and Instagram. Until the next post…Cheers!