While some OEMs out there are busy planning to roll the Android 10 for their devices, some others have already begun to push the new system update. Recently ASUS has joined the bandwagon of the latter, as it is currently seeding the Asus Zenfone 5Z Android 10 update. This is a beta rollout based on the OEM’s native Android skin ZenUI 6. This beta update is for global users and it carries the build number WW100.04.44.67.
Naturally, when a new system update comes out everyone wants to install it on their devices. However, the initial trial is for selected users we term as beta users. So, what do the other users will do.? Well, worry not. We have got you covered. In this post, we have brought you the firmware file which you can flash on your Zenfone 5z and step-up the system OS to Android 10. We have provided the installation guide which you can use to conveniently upgrade your device to Android 10.
Download OTA Update
Remember that this over-the-air update is only for those users who are registered on the beta channel. If you are not one of them, the system update won’t reach your device automatically. So, those who are beta users, every one of you may not receive the update right away.
Airborne updates move in phases. So, it will take a while till Android 10 will grace everyone’s device. In the meantime, you can manually search for the Asus Zenfone 5Z Android 10 update.
Go to device Settings > General > About phone > Update Center. Under System update, you have to check for the latest system update. If you are a registered beta user and the update has started to drop into the devices in your region, there are high chances you receive it as well.
Simply tap on Download and relax while the system update installs. The device will reboot to integrate the changes. Besides, make sure to download the ASUS Zenfone 5z Android 10 update via a Wi-Fi network. System upgrades are packed in large size files. So, Wi-Fi will speed up the download process. Also, all through the update either keep your device on charge or it’s better your Zenfone 5z has a battery of 50% or more.
- Device Name: Asus ZenFone 5z
- Model: ZS620KL
- Baseband Version: WW–100.04.44.67
- Android OS: Android 10
- Region: Global
How to Install Android 10 Beta Update on Asus ZenFone 5z
Before going for the installation, you have to grab some tools and drivers which we have listed in the requisites section below. Also, You have to follow some guidelines for installation. We will demonstrate two methods out of which you can use anyone to install the WW–100.04.44.67 Android 10 update on ASUS Zenfone 5z.
- The WW–100.04.44.67 firmware is exclusively for ASUS Zenfone 5z. Don’t use it on other ASUS devices.
- charge the battery of the device up to 50% for the no power related stalling during installation.
- Your Zenfone 5z must be running a stock ROM. Otherwise, this guide is not going to work.
- Install the latest ASUS USB drivers on your device.
- For one method you will also need the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Take a complete backup of your data before installing the update manually.
Now let’s check out the two methods we can use to install the Asus Zenfone 5Z Android 10 update.
1st Method: Upgrade via Recovery
- Download the firmware zip file from the download link
- After you download it, move it to your device storage.
- Now, enter the device into the recovery mode. To do it Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up and your device will boot into recovery mode.
- Now, in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Choose the OTA firmware zip file which you’ve downloaded in the first step.
- The installation will take some time, so you have to wait a while.
- To successfully end the process you have to reboot your phone.
It is very simple, isn’t it.? Now let’s check out the alternative method to flash the Android 10 stock firmware on the ASUS Zenfone 5z.
2nd Method: ADB Sideloading the Firmware zip
We have a detailed tutorial that will help you out with this process. Check it out.How to ADB Sideload stock ROM zip file on ASUS Zenfone 5z
That’s it, guys. If you have been awaiting the Android 10 update for your Zenfone 5z, then now it’s time you install the WW–100.04.44.67 update and enjoy Android 10. If you have any queries regarding the installation, do let us know in the comments.