As most of us know that Google has released the Android 10 OS version in September 2019 and most of the smartphone OEMs are trying to deliver the latest update to its eligible devices in batches. But there are plenty of Android smartphones available that may not get the Android 10 update or not compatible as well due to the hardware limitations. Now, if you’re Umidigi A3 device user then you can install AOSP Android 10 for Umidigi A3 [GSI Treble] by following the guide below.
The handset was launched back in Sep 2018 with Stock Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. Now, we can expect that the device won’t get the official Android 10 update most probably. Therefore, if you’re a Umidigi A3 device user and want to get a taste of Android 10, you can install the AOSP 10 based Custom GSI build. As GSI (Generic System Image) name suggests, it’s a system image with a Pure Android implementation for the Android devices with untouched AOSP (Android Open Source Project) code.
A big thanks to phhusson, one of the XDA Recognized Developers for developing this build that is compatible with Project Treble supported devices (Android 8.0 Oreo or higher). That means the Umidigi A3 device is compatible with AOSP Android 10 GSI build. Here we have shared the complete GSI installation process with download links and requirements. Before going to the installation steps, take a look at the device overview as well.
Umidigi A3 Specifications
The handset has a 5.5-inches Incell IPS LCD display with 720×1440 pixels resolution that has an 18:9 aspect ratio. It’s powered by the MediaTek MT6739 SoC with PowerVR GE8100 GPU. The device packs 2GB RAM and 16GB of onboard storage, expandable up to 256GB via a MicroSD card. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with Stock UI.
It sports dual rear cameras of 12MP+5MP (f/2.0) sensors that offer Panorama, face recognition, Real-time filters with a Dual Flash Light. While the phone has an 8MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture lens that features Selfie countdown, Face recognition, etc.
The handset has a non-removable 3,300mAh battery. It has Bluetooth 4.0, USB OTG, Dual 4G VoLTE, a 3.5mm headphone jack, Micro USB 2.0, GPS, GLONASS, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, etc. Whereas the device has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient Light, Geomagnetic sensor, etc.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install Android 10 ROM on Umidigi A3
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
- You need to unlock the bootloader at first.
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:Guide to Install Generic System Image (GSI) on Your Android Device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your Umidigi A3 handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.