How to Install Custom Recovery TWRP on OnePlus One
Oneplus, A Chinese manufacturing company launched their first flagship phone called OnePlus One in the year 2014 and the phone became the flagship killer of the year 2014. The OnePlus One was the first phone to come with the tie up of Cyanogen OS. The Oneplus One featured a 5.5 inches display at a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels with 401 ppi density. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 processor paired with 3GB of RAM. The phone launched with 2 storage variant, 16GB and 32GB internal storage. The OnePlus One sports a 13 MP rear camera with an aperture of f/2.0 with autofocus and dual-LED flash, and 5-MP at the front for selfies. Cyanogen brings the features you love while giving you the freedom to mold your mobile domain. Options like Quiet Hours, an enhanced home screen, and a configurable Quick Settings panel are just a few ways you can control how you and your One connect.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that. By doing this, you will loose the warranty and sometime if you dont read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So be careful
What You need ?
- You need to unlock bootloader of your OnePlus One – Click here and Unlock your Bootloader First
- Charge your phone upto 80% or 70%
- Back up your phone before doing this step
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it in C Drive and Rename it to SDK
- Download the TWRP Recovery – CLICK HERE
Steps to Install Custom Recovery – TWRP on OnePlus OneWatch The Video on How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on OnePlus
- First of all you need to boot your phone into Fastboot mode, To do that Turn the phone off. Then boot it into fastboot mode by holding volume up + power.
- Now Rename the recovery file that you downloaded above to recovery.img. *Make sure that you rename it to recovery.img NOT recovery.img.img* Remember that this file should be placed in the platform-tools folder inside of the android-sdk-windows folder on your desktop.
- Now Go to the folder where you extracted the SDK Tools and Press the Shift + Right Mouse button to open the command window
- In the command window, Type the command to flash the recovery
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once the flash has completed type the following command to reboot the phone:
- After the phone has booted back up, turn it off. Now to enter your newly installed custom recovery, hold volume down + power. The phone should boot into recovery mode. Now that you have a custom recovery. Voila.. Enjoy Flashing Custom Rom and Kernel
- Close the command prompt window.