Yu Yunique (codename: jalebi) launched in September 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. If you are a fan of Custom ROM, then you can try the latest Custom ROM dotOS on Yu Yunique. The ROM is based on the latest AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo and currently unofficial. You can simply follow this guide to install the dotOS on Yu Yunique (jalebi).
Talking about the specifications, Yu Yunique features a 4.7-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. The phone packs 8GB internal memory. The camera on the Yu Yunique comes with 8MP and 2MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 2000 mAh battery.
If you would like to try dotOS on Yu Yunique device, then Unlock Bootloader and Install the latest TWRP Recovery. If you experience any error while installing, then please make sure to download the latest TWRP image to enjoy smooth installation. We have already shared both unlocking and TWRP installation guide for Yu Yunique. So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about the dotOS and it’s feature.
What is dotOS?
dotOS is a simple abbreviation of the term Droid On Time Operating System. The ROM is developed by XDA Senior member Maaz Muzammil, in XDA forum. The main developer behind the dotOS community and team members are: Ganesh Varma and Kuber Sharma. The ROM brings many new tweaks and features and also merged some features from Best Custom ROM.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called dotOS. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the dotOS focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.
Features of dotOS:
- Status Bar Tweaks: You can change the clock and date position, Battery icon style, status bar icons, and other miscellaneous.
- Navigation Bar Customization: Resize, Smartbar tweaks and also you can change to Fling and other DUI nav tweaks
- Quick Settings: You have brightness slider toggle, change tiles color, quick and smart pull down and many more.
- Recent Menu: Show memory bar, immersive recent option along with clear all button.
- Lockscreen Customization: Double tap to sleep and other lock screen features.
- Buttons: you can customize the power menu, H/W Keys, and Volume Button tweaks
- Miscellaneous: Battery light charging customizations, App Ops, and many other features.
Steps to Install dotOS on Yu Yunique (jalebi):
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then make sure to read our article about the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you already have a custom ROM on Yu Yunique, then we can assure that dotOS is the best Custom ROM. The ROM brings many features along with good battery backup and performance. Like we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s in Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo. Android 8.1 Oreo is an improved version and shortcomings of Android 8.0 Oreo – This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
- Supported: Yu Yunique (jalebi)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Install on Yu Yunique:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Yu Yunique (jalebi)
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Yu Yunique. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below DotOS 8.1 Oreo for Yu Yunique.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Yu Yunique (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Yu Yunique
- Update Android 8.1 Oreo based AOSPExtended Oreo on Yu Yunique
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on Yu Yunique (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Update Android 8.1 Oreo-based Pixel Experience ROM on Yu Yunique (jalebi)
Required ROM FILES
Download Any Of the Gapps Below
Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1 [Also Supported any Android 8.1]
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release
- Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM: Supported Devices List, Downloads and Features
That’s it! I hope you have installed the dotOS on Yu Yunique (jalebi). Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.