Xiaomi Mi Note 10 smartphone was launched in November 2019. Now, talking about the Mi Note 10, it’s the latest camera beast smartphone from Xiaomi that offers 108MP Quad cameras. There are a total of five cameras including four rear cameras and a single selfie camera. Finally, here is a big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi Note 10. The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie under GSI Treble build. Thanks to the Lineage OS team, AndyYan, and the XDA user iSonik who shared the guide for Xiaomi Mi Note 10.
To install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi Note 10 (tucana), your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
Table of Contents
Mi Note 10 Specifications
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 sports a 6.47-inch Full-HD+ curved OLED display. Under the hood, it’s powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G chipset and has Adreno 618 graphics. The handset features 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It features a single 32MP selfie camera on the front side with an f/2.0 aperture lens.
It has a 108MP primary rear camera with an f/1.7 lens (wide), a 20MP camera with an f/2.2 lens (ultra-wide), a 12MP sensor with an f/2.0 lens (telephoto), a 5MP telephoto lens (upscaled to 8MP), and a 2MP dedicated macro camera (f/2.4). The rear camera setup features HDR, Laser AF, PDAF, OIS, and Quad-LED dual-tone flash.
The device runs on Android 9.0 Pie over MIUI 11 out-of-the-box. The device has Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Infrared port, USB Type-C port, FM radio, etc. It features an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass, gyro, proximity, and an under-display fingerprint scanner.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
As we said, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 PieWatch The Video on Lineage OS 16 Android 9 Pie Full Review
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization options which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features.
What's Not Working?
– Automatic Brightness
– Camera works fine, but Video seems a little bit weird
– NFC, but this can be fixed with a magisk module
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi Note 10 (tucana)Watch The Video on How to install Lineage OS 16
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Xiaomi Mi Note 10 (tucana)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- Lineage OS 16 zip file: Download
- Check out the supported device list at Lineage OS 16
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Mi Note 10.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest OrangeFox Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Note 10.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into Recovery
- In Recovery, First flash the Xiaomi OTA update like 22.214.171.124
- Now boot into fastboot mode on your device
- Open the ADB Fastboot folder in your PC and Open the command window or PowerShell
- First, execute the command
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- Now boot into recovery and flash the AB system.img of your GSI
- If you want to root, flash the Magisk
- That’s it! Enjoy LineageOS 16.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi Note 10 (tucana). Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.