How To Install Recovery, Root and Install Custom ROM on Coolpad Note 3
Coolpad note 3 was launched in India in October 2015 at a price of Rs 8999. It was available via Amazon and later it was also made availability on Flipkart also.
Coolpad Note 3 featured a 5.50-inch display at a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and powered by a 1.3GHz octa-core MediaTek 6753 processor paired by 3GB of RAM. The phone was built with 16GB of storage and expandable via microSD Card of upto 64GB. It is packed by 3000mAh non removable battery. The Coolpad Note 3 runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop out of box.
The Coolpad Note 3 sports a 13MP rear camera with LED Flash and 5MP front camera for selfies. The handset has a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) support and other connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, FM, 3G, 4G with sensors such as Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, and Gyroscope.
How To Install Recovery and Root on Coolpad Note 3 ?
Here are the steps to unlock the bootloader of your Coolpad Note 3 and please read the steps carefully before proceeding to unlock.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By rooting you will loose the warranty and sometime if you dont read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So be careful
What you need:
- Laptop or PC is must
- Download SuperSu.zip : CLICK HERE
- Charge your phone to atleast 70%
- Download SP Driver v2.0 : CLICK HERE
- Install DriverSetup file into your PC or Laptop : CLICK HERE
- Download SP Flash Tool : CLICK HERE
- Download Recovery : CLICK HERE
Steps To Install Recovery and Root on Coolpad Note 3
- Install SP Drivers and Driver Setup file to your PC, Extract SP Flash Tool
- Download the Supersu zip and place it on the root memory of your phone.
- After installing reboot your PC
- After Reboot, Move the downloaded recovery.img and the text file MT6753_android_scatter into SP Flash Tool Folder
- Now Open the "flash_tool.exe" and run has administrator
- In your flashtool, Click on "scatter loading" and select the text "MT6753_Android_scatter.txt" . (Shown in the image below with Number 5)
- Now unselect all and select only recovery (tick) just like the image shown.
- Now Click download button (shown in the image as a number 6)
- Switch of your phone and connect your phone to pc via usb cable and press Volume Up button twice. If everything is okay, then you will see a pop up with green tick.
- Now don't boot your phone, Just disconnect your phone from PC and press Power and Volume Up button simultaneously until you see a recovery screen.
- You will see the Custom TWRP Screen (see the image below)
- Now select the install button
- Now Browse and Select The SuperSU.zip that you downloaded
- Swipe to Install
- When it is done ! Reboot your phone ! hoooo! you have root and custom recovery now.
- To verify, Go to Google Play and download the Root Checker app to check the root status. If root checker app says root access available then Enjoy you have rooted your phone
Steps To Install CUSTOM ROM on Coolpad Note 3
Yes, To install custom rom is quite easy if you already have experianced installing root to your phone. All you need to install custom rom like cyanogenmod, paranoid, or any other custom rom is Recovery.
- First of all Install TWRP Recovery from above steps
- Now place the Custom Rom zip in your internal memory.
- After the boot into recovery by pressing Power and Volume Up button simultaneously until you see a recovery screen.
- Now select the install button
- Browse and select the Custom Rom zip file
- Swipe to flash
- After that install Gapps(Google application package)