Last updated on March 4th, 2021 at 01:41 pm
How to Install Stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow Rom on Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900H)
Recently after rolled out the update of Marshmallow OS to Galaxy S5 Snapdragon variant, Today Samsung started rolling Android 6.0 update over the air (OTA) to all exynos variant in India. The update includes the May security patch, as well as all the new features introduced in Marshmallow. To check if you have recieved the update, Go to Settings -> About device -> Software update to manually install the update. If you can’t wait for the update and you want to update manually then follow the below steps on How to install stockAndroid 6.0 Marshmallow OS on your Samsung Galaxy S5
- Take a complete Backup the device
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it in C Drive and Rename it to SDK
- Download Samsung Latest Drivers – CLICK HERE or Download Samsung Kies Software – CLICK HERE
- Laptop or PC
- Your Galaxy S5 should have atleast 70% battery.
- Download the Stock Firmware 6.0.1 Marshmallow : CLICK HERE
- Download ODIN – Click here
HOW TO INSTALL ANDROID 6.0 MARSHMALLOW STOCK FIRMWARE ON SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 (Exynos) – SM-G900H
- Install all the pre-requisite files on your computer – Install Drivers, Adb, Stock firmware and also Odin file.
- Now you need to enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable
- Shut down your device and make sure it’s completely off.
- Now Boot your device to Download mode by pressing and holding (Volume Down + Home + Power) buttons then Press Volume up to continue.
- When your phone enter into download mode, Click the Continue by pressing the Volume Up button to enter into firmware downloading mode
- Extract the Odin somwhere in desktop
- Now launch odin in administrator mode
- Now close the Kies Software if it is opened.
- Connect your phone into your PC using USB cable and Wait till Odin detect it in ID :COM
- Make sure re-partition is NOT MARKED which is very important
- Download the lastest firmware from above pre-requisite
- Extract it to somewhere in desktop
- In your ODIN software click on AP and select the TAR File from the extracted firmware
- Verify that only “Auto reboot” & “F-reset” is ticked. Click on Start.
- Wait till the phone reboots and that’s it.