DEXP Ursus S370 tablet was launch by DEXP back in December 2018. The tablet packed with 1GB of RAM and an 8GB of internal storage which is expandable by a MicroSD card. It’s a Dual Nano-SIM card device runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. The tablet offers a 7-inch IPS display with 1024×600 pixels resolution. It’s powered by the Spreadtrum SC7731E SoC coupled with ARM Mali-T820 MP1 GPU. Now, if you’re using this device and facing any software issues, this guide is for you. In this guide, we will share with you the steps on How to install Stock ROM on DEXP Ursus S370 [Firmware Flash file].
Android is an open-source platform and easily customizable built on Linux. The functionalities of Android software can be tweaked via users or developers on an Android device. It will lead the device system quite laggy or buggy as well. Some times, users may brick their devices as well due to improper flashing of any third-party files. If you’re also facing any performance issues with the software, you should reinstall the Stock Firmware on your device. By flashing the Stock ROM again on your Android smartphone, you will be able to use your device like earlier.
While most of the advanced users always perform flashing, backups, restores, customizations, Custom ROM flashing, installing Root, etc. In these cases, you may find that the Custom ROM doesn’t work smoothly and doesn’t offer stability as well as a Stock Firmware. If you’re facing these kinds of issues and wants to go back to the Stock ROM, follow the full guide properly.
Table of Contents
What is Stock Firmware?
The smartphones come with preloaded software and UI out-of-the-box which is called a Stock ROM. Smartphone OEMs doesn’t provide that much of customizations or functionalities to the device by default. But it’s the most stable ROM according to the device model and Android version.
While most of the third-party firmware comes with system bugs and stability issues. Some times, users may get bored with the Stock ROM or UI and want to flash a Custom ROM. Even the advanced users also install root, custom recovery, or mod files. In this case, users may find battery issues, camera issues, network issues, system lags, device heating, performance issue, and more. But whenever you move to the Stock ROM, you can fix these most common issues easily.
Advantages of Stock Firmware
Here we have mentioned some of the Stock ROM advantages below:
- Flash Stock to unbrick your DEXP Ursus S370 device
- Fix the device bootloop issue
- Upgrade and Downgrade your phone software version
- Flash Stock ROM to unroot the device
- Fix bugs on your phone
- Fix lag or stutter on DEXP Ursus S370 device
- Increase software performance, battery draining issue, OTA update issue
- Revert back to Stock ROM will gain phone warranty (if applicable)
- Device Supported: DEXP Ursus S370 model
- Tool Supported: Spreadtrum Flash Tool
- Processor: Spreadtrum SC7731E SoC
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
- File: Software Update
Manually Check for OTA Updates
Whenever the smartphone manufacturer provides a software update via OTA for a particular device model, the device users will receive the OTA update notification automatically. If in case, you don’t get the OTA automatically, then manually check for the update. Follow these simple steps mentioned below.
- Go to the device Settings > System menu > System Update > Tap on Check for Update option.
- If the OTA update appears then tap on Download and install to begin the installation process.
- It may take a few minutes and then reboot your device. Wait for a few minutes.
- Finally, your phone will boot into a new system.
Now, you have to download the Stock Firmware file for DEXP Ursus S370 from below.
Steps to Install Stock ROM on DEXP Ursus S370
We have provided the full step-by-step installation guide to easily flash the Stock Firmware on your DEXP Ursus S370 device. But before heading over to the installation process, let’s have a look at the pre-requirements.
- The ROM file is for DEXP Ursus S370 model only. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Charge the phone battery up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
- A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable is required.
- Download and install the USB Drivers on your computer from above.
- Download the SPD Flash Tool and install it on your computer.
Instructions to Install:
Now, let’s go to the installation steps. Here we have provided the full depth installation method below.
We assume this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Stock Firmware on your DEXP Ursus S370 model. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.