The Bangladesh-based SYMPHONY mobile brand has launched a new smartphone called Symphony i18. It’s an entry-level budget smartphone comes with the latest Android 9.0 Pie Go edition. It’s powered by quad-core Spreadtrum SC7731E SoC, 1GB of RAM, and 16GB of internal storage. The handset offers a 5.45-inch IPS 2.5D Full-Vision display, a 2,900 mAh battery, an 8MP rear, and a 5MP selfie camera. Here in this guide, we will share with you How to Install Stock ROM on Symphony i18 [Firmware Flash File]. As the handset comes with Spreadtrum chipset, you will have to follow the Spreadtrum Flash Tool installation process.
As we all know that Android is an open-source platform and easily customizable. The functionalities of Android software can be tweaked via users or developers on an Android device. It will lead the device system quite laggy or buggy as well. Some times, users may brick their devices as well due to improper flashing of any third-party files. If you’re also facing any performance issues with the software, you should reinstall the Stock Firmware on your device. By flashing the Stock ROM again on your Android smartphone, you will be able to use your device like earlier.
Additionally, most of the advanced users always perform flashing, backups, restores, customizations, Custom ROM flashing, installing Root, etc. In these cases, you may find that the Custom ROM doesn’t work smoothly and doesn’t offer stability as well as a Stock Firmware. If you’re facing these kinds of issues and wants to go back to the Stock ROM, follow the full guide properly.
What is Stock Firmware?
The smartphone OEMs doesn’t provide that much of customizations or functionalities to the device by default. But it’s the most stable ROM according to the device model and Android version.
While most of the third-party firmware comes with system bugs and stability issues. In this case, you may find battery issues, camera issues, network issues, basic features missing, lags, heating, slow down in performance, and more. But whenever you move to the Stock ROM, you can fix these issues easily.
Advantages of Stock Firmware
Here we have mentioned some of the Stock ROM advantages below:
- Flash Stock to unbrick your Symphony i18 device
- Fix the device bootloop issue
- Upgrade and Downgrade your phone software version
- Flash Stock ROM to unroot the device
- Fix bugs on your phone
- Fix lag or stutter on Symphony i18 device
- Increase software performance, battery draining issue, OTA update issue
- Revert back to Stock ROM will gain phone warranty (if applicable)
- Device Supported: Symphony i18 model
- Tool Supported: Spreadtrum Flash Tool
- Processor: Spreadtrum SC7731E SoC
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie (Go Edition)
- File: Software Update
Check for OTA Updates Manually
Your device will itself detect and grab the OTA when it becomes available. You will get the notification to install it. If you don’t get the OTA automatically, then manually check for the update. Follow these simple steps mentioned below.
- Go to the device Settings > System menu > System Update > Tap on Check for Update option.
- If the OTA update appears then tap on Download and install to begin the installation process.
- It may take a few minutes and then reboot your device.
- Now, your handset will boot into a new system.
Now, you have to download the Stock Firmware file for Symphony i18 from below.
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Symphony i18
You have to follow the full step-by-step installation process to easily flash the Stock Firmware on your Symphony i18 device. But before heading over to the installation process, let’s take a look at the pre-requirements.
- ROM file supported: Symphony i18 model only. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Make sure to charge the phone battery up to 50% at least before doing anything.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download and install the USB Drivers on your computer as well.
- Download the SPD Flash Tool and install it on your computer.
Instructions to Install:
Now, let’s go to the installation steps. Here we have provided the installation method in both writing and video guide.Steps to Flash Stock Firmware Using SPD Flash Tool
We assume this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Stock Firmware on your Symphony i18 model. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.