In this article, we will guide How to migrate from CyanogenMod to LineageOS. After CyanogenMod is dead, the new lineage os took its place. All the future updates from CyanogenMod will be in the name of Lineage OS. Installing the latest lineage os, you can taste new look, improved performance, battery life and many more exciting features.
If your device is running on CyanogenMod, then you can easily migrate from CyanogenMod to Lineage OS. The process is as same as CyanogenMod. The official lineage OS is already available for many devices. You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP to Install Lineage OS on your device. If you want to taste the latest features of Android Nougat, then you should definitely try Lineage OS. Just follow the below simple step by step guide to Migrate from CyanogenMod to LineageOS.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Your device should have TWRP custom recovery installed.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Note: Before proceeding further, make sure ‘USB Debugging’ is enabled. (To do that go to Settings –> Developer options –> Enable USB Debugging.)
Visit the Lineage OS official download page and select your device. Download the Experimental zip file for your device from Lineage OS website.
Steps to Migrate from CyanogenMod to LineageOS
- Download Lineage OS for your device and GApps.
- Now, Save the both zip files in your device.
- Switch off and Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery Mode (press Volume down+ Power Button key’s together)
- Now factory reset your Device, select ‘Wipe’ and wipe System, Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click on Install, choose ROM Zip file and Swipe to Install.
- Wait until Installation Process completes.
- Now go back to TWRP Recovery main menu and Install GApps with the same procedure.
- After Successful installation of GApps Reboot your device.