Issues such as error while downloading apps, running heavy apps or any other issue is often caused due to problems with the ROM or RAM of the device. Issues could vary i.e. WiFi isn’t working, Bluetooth isn’t connecting, etc which can hinder the work when they are needed. Some devices might report an issue with the slower speed which if not taken care of, can cause the phone to lag, freeze and virtually a plethora of other issues. If you want to Hard Reset On Redmi Note 5, this is how you can do it. Hard Reset allows the device to wipe off unused and unwanted data out of the system thereby resulting in a proper solution to the majority of problems related to software.
A soft reset as it is named is very simple and doesn’t erase any data, however, it optimizes the phone when it gets frozen. However, if this issue is occurring repeatedly, opt for a hard reset. You can perform a hard reset on Redmi Note 5 and other Android phones using two methods which are discussed below.
Table of Contents
How To Perform Hard Reset On Redmi Note 5?
Here are two efficient methods that facilitate users to reset their device to factory settings. It is known as Factory Data Reset and takes few minutes to reset the phone to factory settings.
Method 01: Reset Using Backup & Reset Feature
If you are observing issues with your phone, you can perform a factory data reset to give it a new life by reviving it. However, users store data on their phones. If it is not in SD Card or any external storage, the data will get deleted after FDR. Thus, first you will have to take a backup of the required photos, videos, contacts, and other data from the internal storage to an external storage and then, remove it while the FDR is in process. Here’s how you can do a hard reset on Redmi Note 5 using the feature available on the phone itself.
- Check if all the data is backed up to an external drive.
- Now, go to the ‘Settings’ app on your phone and then, go to ‘Backup & Reset’ feature on the phone.
- Now, hit the ‘Factory data reset’ on the phone after which, the page will prompt the users to confirm.
- Hit ‘Reset Phone’ and the process will automatically commence.
- The phone will perform FDR and then, reboot after few minutes into its factory settings.
Method 02: Reset Using Hardware Keys
This method is highly useful when the phone is frozen or unresponsive and won’t allow the users to enter the settings. First, remove the SIM Card and SD Card and note that this method will erase all the data stored on your phone. If your phone is working, you can back up the data and then, perform the procedure as described below.
- Switch OFF the phone and wait for a while.
- Then, press the Power button and Volume Down Button together for few seconds until the MI Logo doesn’t appear.
- The phone will vibrate once you reach the point where you need to stop.
- Now, scroll within the menu using Volume Down button, Power Key button is usually reserved for confirming the options.
- You’ll have to scroll down to MI Recovery Mode where you need to select ‘Wipe & Reset’ from the available options.
- Use the volume down button to scroll ‘Wipe All Data’ and select using the power key.
- The phone will prompt the users to confirm again. Press Yes to confirm.
- The process will occur and then, the phone will prompt the users to reboot it.
- Once reboot, the phone will run on factory settings wiping all the data ever stored on the device.
These are two available methods to perform a hard reset on Redmi Note 5. At GetDroidTips, you can enjoy unlimited blogs and guides on how to install drivers, how to upgrade OS, tips on Android phones, tips on iPhones, and basically everything you need to know about any smartphone.