Call of Duty Warzone recently hit 30 million players worldwide and is turning out to be the next big thing in the battle royale genre. With so much hype around the game, the game has been gaining popularity really quick. Amidst that, many players have been facing performance issues with the game. Players are not able to play the game in constant 60 FPS which has been hampering the experience for many users. Below 60 FPS the game stutters a lot which is really annoying and not suitable for competitive gameplay. If you are one of the many players facing performance issues with the game, then here are a few fixes you can incorporate to improve your performance significantly.
How to Play COD Warzone smoothly with Frame Rate 60FPS?
- Solution 1 – Check for Processor thermal throttling – Call of Duty Warzone is a pretty graphically intense game and the 150 player battle royale makes it equally stressful for the CPU as well. It might be possible that because of the increased load on the CPU the CPU might be thermal throttling. To check if your CPU is thermal throttling download MSI Afterburner and use Rivatuner Statistics Server to monitor your temps in-game. If your CPU is overheating, consider changing your thermal paste. If that doesn’t improve things, then you might need to change your CPU cooler or reduce your overclock if you have overclocked your CPU.
- Solution 2 – Updating Motherboard BIOS – It is important to have the latest BIOS installed so that your CPU gets the best performance. A faulty BIOS can cause a number of issues in the CPU which can hurt your performance in-game as well. Refer to your motherboard’s manual or go to the manufacturer’s website on how to update the BIOS properly
- Solution 3 – Download Latest Graphic Drivers and Set Graphics To Performance Mode – Since Call of Duty Warzone is still a relatively new game, graphic cards might need a few driver optimizations to properly perform. Make sure you go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your Graphics Card. If you are using an Nvidia GPU, go to Control Panel and go to Mange 3D Settings. Beside Power management mode select prefer maximum performance.
- Solution 4 – Make Sure You Meet Minimum System Requirements – Call of Duty Warzone is a pretty demanding game so it needs a decent build to run properly. Make sure you meet the game’s minimum system requirements.
For Xbox One & PS4
- Solution 1 – Download Latest Software Update for Your console- Like for PC, you should ensure that your console is updated to the latest software version. Usually bugs and stuff related to new game releases are fixed in console updates so its important to ensure that your console is updated. The latest stable firmware for Call of Duty Warzone for Xbox One is 10.0.16299.5101. On the other hand, the latest stable firmware for Call of Duty Warzone for PS4 is 5.50.
- Solution 2 – Download Latest Update of COD Warzone – Activision has been pretty active in fixing the bugs in the game so if you haven’t updated the game you must ensure that you are running the latest version of the game. Just connect to the Internet before starting the game and it will force you to update to the latest version.
- Solution 3 – Fix Console Overheating- It may be possible that your console is not in a well-ventilated area and is heating up due to that. Make sure you keep it clear from any obstacles especially where the vent for air circulation is located. If it is still overheating you should get it repaired.
I hope this guide has helped you to play Call of Duty Warzone smoothly with Frame Rate 60FPS.
- How to Fix Call of Duty Warzone Error Code 263234?
- How to Win or Survive in The Call of Duty Warzone?
- How to Fix Call of Duty Warzone Game Crash Dev Error 6036
- Find out Call of Duty Warzone bugs and fixes
- Call of Duty Warzone Exploit: No Kill If Player Leaves Before They are Actually Dead
- Best Loadout for FAL in Call of Duty Warzone
- Best Loadout for AK-47 in Call of Duty Warzone
- Best Loadout for M4A1 in Call of Duty Warzone
- Best Loadout for MP7 and M13 in Call of Duty Warzone
- How to Disable Crossplay on Call of Duty: Warzone