Vivo Y95 PD1818F launched in November 2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo under Funtouch 4.5 out of the box. The handset is powered by Snapdragon 439 processor clubbed with 3 or 4 GB of RAM and 32 or 64 GB of internal storage. In this guide, we have shared the guide on repairing and fixing the IMEI number on Vivo Y95 using the QCN file.
The IMEI number is a unique identification or a serial number for all mobiles that come out of the box. It’s a 15-17 digits serial number that identifies GSM phones due to SIM swapping. Therefore, an IMEI can track a phone’s hardware around the world. Keep in mind that all the IMEI numbers are unique for each and every mobile device. But if in case your device has a null or invalid IMEI, you should fix it.
If your device doesn’t have the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number, the carrier network won’t work on your device as well. The same thing happens with each dual SIM or higher SIM slot device also. Each SIM slot is registered with a unique IMEI number and can be checked by typing *#06# on the dial pad of your phone, and it will automatically show up the number.
Vivo Y95: Device Overview
Vivo Y95 was announced in November 2018, which sports a 6.22-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels. The device has an aspect ratio of 19:9 and a screen-to-body ratio of 82.9 %.
The smartphone is powered by an Octa-core (2×1.95 GHz Cortex-A53 & 6×1.45 GHz Cortex A53) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 chipset coupled with 3/4GB of RAM and 32/64GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card with up to 256 GB microSD. The device came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo under FuntouchOS 4.5 and backed by a 4030 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera is concerned, the device has a dual-camera setup with 13MP + 2MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 20MP lens. Other connectivity options include 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, compass, etc. The Vivo Y95 comes with a face unlock feature.
Steps to Repair and Fix IMEI number on Vivo Y95 PD1818F
Sometimes due to software issues or after flashing any custom firmware, your device may get corrupted or bricked. Similarly, the device IMEI number can also become invalid or removed, which is quite unfortunate. Here we will share the QCN Rebuilder tool guide to restore the IMEI number on the Vivo Y95 device. QCN Rebuilder is a free tool to restore IMEI on any Vivo or Redmi devices.
Now, let’s check out the download links and requirements below.
- This guide and QCN file are for the Vivo Y95 model only.
- Your device should be charged up to 50% at least.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Keep a full backup of the device data before doing anything.
- Enable USB Debugging. Check the video guide.
- Download all the files and tools from above.
IMEI Rebuilding and Restore Guide
- After downloading, install and run the QCN Rebuilder tool on your PC.
- Click on Open file and select the Vivo Y95 QCN file.
- Now, replace the IMEI with the original IMEI number.
- Click on Rebuild.
- Next, connect your phone to a PC using a USB cable.
- Open the dial pad on your device and type this code *#*#717717#*#* to enable diagnostic mode.
- If the above code doesn’t work, use CMD on your PC by following the commands below.
adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config rndis,diag,adb
- Then run the QPST tool on your computer.
- Click on the Restore tab > select the rebuilt QCN file > click on Restore.
- You’re done.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful for your Vivo Y95. If you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.