If you are looking for ways to restore IMEI baseband on Nokia 5.1 Plus (Nokia X5) then you are at the right place because, in this post, we will help you with a guide that will let you restore IMEI baseband on your Nokia 5.1 Plus. This is a very important guide if you wish to save your bricked Nokia 5.1 Plus device. Notably, you might need some files that we have attached in this post. You also need to take a complete backup of your device and for that, you can check out our post here.
Moreover, credit goes to XDA Senior Member, zahidm, for creating this guide and sharing with all of us. Besides, this guide is also helpful for those users who have converted their Nokia X5 to Global Nokia 5.1 Plus. We would recommend you to follow the entire guide carefully and stepwise in order to avoid any permanent damage on your device. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself:
How to restore IMEI baseband on Nokia 5.1 Plus (Nokia X5)
Before we begin with the procedure to restore IMEI baseband on Nokia 5.1 Plus (Nokia X5) below is the list of pre-requisites that you need to have:
- This guide is only for users of Nokia 5.1 Plus (Nokia X5)
- If you are using Windows 10 operating system, then you need to follow a guide on how to disable driver’s Signature Verification. This is a very important step as avoiding this would not allow you to connect your device to your PC.
- As always, take a complete backup of your device
Steps to restore IMEI Baseband on Nokia 5.1 Plus (Nokia X5)
- Firstly, download the firmware (PDA-1100-0-00WW-B01_unpacked.7z) from the above download section.
- Then you need to extract the contents.
- Head to the extracted folder and make a copy of ” MT6771_Android_scatter.txt” and rename it to “proinfo_MT6771_Android_scatter“.
- Now you need to copy the “proinfo_MT6771_Android_scatter.txt” file back to firmware folder (PDA-1100-0-00WW-B01_unpacked).
- After this right click on “proinfo_MT6771_Android_scatter.txt” and open it using Word Pad or you can use any text editor to edit the file.
- Once you opened the file please follow the below edits in file.
- Press Ctrl+F and search (partition_index: SYS15) make it look like below:
- partition_index: SYS15
- Press Ctrl+F and search (partition_index: SYS6) make it look like below:
- partition_index: SYS6
- Press Ctrl+F and search (partition_index: SYS10) make it look like below:
- partition_index: SYS10
- Press Ctrl+F and search (partition_index: SYS11) make it look like below:
- partition_index: SYS11
- Now you need to simply save the file.
- Then head to the Backup_0 file that you saved earlier via “Readback” process in SP Flash Tool.
- Right-click on file and open it with 7-zip and you will see your backed up files in 7-zip.
- Now press “Ctrl” on your pc keyboard and select
“proinfo.img” “nvcfg.img” “nvram.img” “protect1.img” “protect2.img” “elabel.img“
- Then right-click on the selected files and copy to extracted firmware where you edited the scatter file.
- Now open SP Flash tool and load “proinfo_MT6771_Android_scatter“
- In the SP Flash tool uploaded list, scroll down to “Ik_a” partition and click on the loaded file, change the file to “Ik_service.img“.
- Un-check all files in loaded list and just check “proinfo, nvcfg, protect1, protect2, and lk“.
- Now in the SP flash tool select “Download only” and press download button to start.
- Then turn off your device and press “Volume up and Volume down” together and connect your device to the PC.
- After that the process will start at SP flash tool and once it is finished, it will pop up download O.
- Now reboot your device in “Fastboot mode” and execute below commands. (Before executing below commands please copy nvram.img and elabel.img in your ADB Platform tools folder)
- Enter the below command:
fastboot oem dm-verity 85BC0D743F935BA9078DCB290FAD2194
(You need to put the actual calculated MD5 in place of 85BC0D743F935BA9078DCB290FAD2194)
- Then enter:
fastboot flash nvram nvram.img
fastboot flash elabel elabel.img
fastboot oem HALT
- Now you need to open the SP Flash tool again and load “MT6771_Android_scatter“.
- Then select “Firmware Upgrade” and press download button at SP Flash tool.
- Power off your phone and press “volume up and volume down‘ buttons together and connect your device.
- Wait till the process ends. The SP Flash tool will show “Download complete” or “OK“
- Now you can disconnect your device and power up and check.
- That’s it!
The above guide is a bit lengthy but, you need to follow each and every step very carefully without skipping any of it to avoid any damage on your device. So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you guys liked the post and were able to restore the IMEI baseband on Nokia 5.1 Plus (Nokia X5) device. Drop a comment below if you come across any issues while following the above-mentioned methods. Until the next post…Cheers!