Leagoo is a global smartphone manufacturer owned by Leagoo International Company Limited who offers the latest and affordable smartphones based on Android OS over 30 countries. The brand delivers in the United States, Europe, China, Bangladesh, and etc regions. While the Leagoo OEM brand is owned by OTEDA Group. The brand manufactures all the segment-related mobile phones from low to high-end but the price is competitive. Leagoo smartphones run on Android and powers by MediaTek/Spreadtrum chipsets. So, if you’re going to root your device in order to get some extra control, you should check How to root any Leagoo device using Magisk [No TWRP required].
MediaTek/Spreadtrum devices are quite cheaper in terms of the other known mobile processor brands but offer the same performance. Here in this article, we will provide the rooting guide, download links, etc. We also mention the brief description of smartphone rooting advantages or disadvantages. Let’s take a look.
Table of Contents
- 1 Enable Root Access
- 2 Supported Device List:
- 3 Steps to Root Leagoo device via Magisk
- 4 How to Extract and Patch Boot.image via Magisk
- 5 Guide to Install the Patched Boot Image
Enable Root Access
Enabling Root Access is the process to become superuser on a particular smartphone so that you can easily tweak or change or customize the subsystem settings, preloaded apps, and other third-party apps as well. You can change themes, UI, enable/disable other functions, remove bloatware, backup, restore, etc.
The root process gives you permission to run some specialized apps, installing mods, or helps to flash a Custom ROM easily. It can be useful in system UI changes, full control over the kernel, system apps, backups, restore, remove bloatware, etc.
- Rooting your device may brick it easily.
- Your device warranty may also void.
- You may not get the official OTA updates in the future. In order to get back the OTA updates normally, you will need to unroot your phone again.
- Your handset may become vulnerable and may contain malware/adware easily.
Supported Device List:
- Leagoo M12
- Leagoo Z10
- Leagoo M13
- Leagoo XRover C
- Leagoo S11
- Leagoo S10
- Leagoo T8
- Leagoo Z9
- Leagoo M10
- Leagoo M11
- Leagoo Power 2 Pro
- Leagoo T8s
- Leagoo Power 2
- Leagoo M9 Pro
- Leagoo XRover
- Leagoo Power 5
- Leagoo S9
- Leagoo Z7
- Leagoo M9
- Leagoo T5c
- Leagoo Z6
- Leagoo P1 Pro
- Leagoo S8 Pro
- Leagoo S8
- Leagoo P1
- Leagoo KIICAA MIX
- Leagoo KIICAA Power
- Leagoo T5 THFC
- Leagoo T5
- Leagoo M7
- Leagoo M5 Edge
- Leagoo Shark 5000
- Leagoo M8 Pro
- Leagoo Z5C
- Leagoo Z3C
- Leagoo Leapad 7
- Leagoo M8
- Leagoo T10
- Leagoo M5 Plus
- Leagoo Venture 1
- Leagoo Z1 [8GB]
- Leagoo T1
- Leagoo T1 Plus
- Leagoo M5
- Leagoo Z5 LTE
- Leagoo Z5
- Leagoo Z1
- Leagoo Shark 1
- Leagoo Elite Y
- Leagoo Alfa 2
- Leagoo Elite 8
- Leagoo Elite 6
- Leagoo Alfa 1
- Leagoo Lead 6
- Leagoo Alfa 6
- Leagoo Alfa 4
- Leagoo Alfa 5
- Leagoo Elite 4
- Leagoo Elite 1
- Leagoo Elite 5
- Leagoo Elite 3
- Leagoo Lead 2s
- Leagoo 1i
- Leagoo Elite 2
- Leagoo Lead 7
- Leagoo Lead 5
- Leagoo Lead 3S
- Leagoo Lead 4
- Leagoo Lead 2
- Leagoo Lead 3
- Leagoo Lead 1
Steps to Root Leagoo device via Magisk
Now, let’s go to the rooting steps with the pre-requirements and download links. This guide is only for Leagoo MediaTek/Spreadtrum-powered Android devices.
- The ROM file is only for Leagoo models. Don’t try on other branding devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least.
- Take a complete backup of your device data before doing anything.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB Cable will require.
Download ROM File, Tools, Drivers
- First, download and install the ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows/MAC.
- Then download the Leagoo USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Next, download the Latest Leagoo Stock Firmware and extract the boot image:
- Then download and install the SP Flash Tool for Mediatek and SPD Flash Tool for Spreadtrum Unisoc on your PC. It’s important.
How to Extract and Patch Boot.image via Magisk
- Download the latest Stock Firmware and extract it on your PC/Laptop.
- Now, connect your Leagoo device via USB cable with the PC and copy the boot.img file only.
- Next, open the Magisk Manager on your device. Select Install option to choose the file.
- Tap on ‘Patch Boot Image File’ and Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Later patching, copy the ‘patched_boot.img’ from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Next, follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
Guide to Install the Patched Boot Image
Follow the link mentioned below for a full detailed guide on how to install patched boot image on any MediaTek/Spreadtrum device.
- We assume that you have already downloaded the ADB & Fastboot tool from the link given above.
- Next, you need to extract the ADB fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold the Shift key and right click on the mouse to open the Command Window.
- Then type the following command in the command prompt and hit enter:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, type and enter the following command:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- You need to replace filename.img with the name of the TWRP Recovery img file which you have downloaded.
- The flashing process will begin. Wait for a few seconds to complete the process.
- Now, type the following command and press enter:
Steps to Verify Device Systemless Root:
- Download the Magisk Manager app APK file on your device and install it.
- Launch the app and go to the Status mode. If you see all options are green checked, that means you have successfully rooted. It also means that you’ve bypassed the SafetyNet as well.
We can assume that now you’ve successfully rooted your device via Magisk. If you’ve faced any issues or have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments down below.