If you’re using the Lava Z62 device and want to enable Root access on it, check out this article completely. Here we have shared the guide on How to root Lava Z62 using Magisk without TWRP Recovery. The device has launched in June 2019 and comes with entry-level budget segment specifications. It has a MediaTek processor, runs on the Android 9 Pie version as well.
Everyone wants to root their Android devices to modify the system UI and apps as a superuser. To enable root access on your Lava Z62 device, you have to download the patched boot image file from Magisk. After that, you can flash the patched boot image finally. Make sure to unlock the device bootloader at first. That’s necessary. Let’s take a look at the smartphone rooting overview and its advantages below.
Smartphone Rooting and its Advantages
When a user roots their Android smartphone, it gives superuser access to modify their device system UI, system apps, and sub-system files as well. The user can change or edit the system root files easily. If you’re an advanced user or a developer, this access will come in handy for you.
Whereas, the normal device users can’t find it useful. Sometimes the wrong way to root your device will brick it easily. Even your device may get into the bootloop issue. Additionally, your phone warranty may void after rooting which you can count as a disadvantage of rooting. We recommend you to take a backup before doing anything. Check out some of the advantages below:
- Access device internal root files after rooting.
- Edit or change system root files.
- Increase or decrease phone performance by over-clocking or under-clocking.
- Increase battery performance by tweaking background processes.
- Uninstall Bloatware on the Lava Z62 device.
- Block Advertisements on any apps such as pop-up ads, skippable ads, etc.
- Xposed Framework and Xposed module installation support.
- You won’t be able to get official OTA updates automatically after enabling Root access.
- Any improper rooting step or the unsupported file may cause bricked your device easily.
- Rooting will void the device warranty (if applicable). Check with the device manufacturer.
- We will recommend you to take a full backup of your device data. That’s necessary.
Steps To Root Lava Z62 via Magisk
First of all, the device bootloader should be unlocked on Lava Z62 device in order to proceed. Then follow the requirements, download the Stock ROM, and extract the boot image.
- Supported: This guide is for the Lava Z62 model only.
- Backup: Take a complete backup of the device data (No Root).
- Battery: Charge your phone battery up to 60% at least.
- Requires: A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Bootloader: Your device bootloader should be unlocked.
Download Stock ROM, Tools, and Drivers:
After downloading the stock firmware file according to your device model, you have to extract the boot.img file to patch it via the Magisk Manager app.
Steps to Extract and Patch Boot Image using Magisk
- At first, download and extract the Stock ROM to your computer.
- Next, connect your smartphone via USB cable to the PC and copy the boot.img file only from the extracted folder to your device.
- Now, open Magisk Manager and select the INSTALL option and choose to install it again.
- Then tap on the “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to the internal storage and select your device boot image which you’ve moved earlier.
- Wait for a few seconds and Magisk will start patching the boot image file.
- After patching the boot image file, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the ADB fastboot folder on your PC.
Next, you have to follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
Steps to Install the Patched Boot Image on Lava Z62
- If you have already downloaded the ADB & Fastboot tool then follow the next step. Otherwise, download the tool from the above link.
- Now, extract the ADB Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file into the same folder.
- Press and hold the Shift key + right-click on the mouse to open the command window.
- Next, enter the following command and press enter button:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the following commands and hit enter:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- The flashing process will begin. Once completed, type the following command and press enter:
- You’ve done it. Have fun.
Verify the Systemless Root Access on Lava Z62
- First, you have to download and install the Magisk Manager app on your device and open it.
- Now, you will see a list of options with the Green Tick mark which means you’ve successfully rooted your device and bypassed the SafetyNet feature. (systemless root access)
We hope that this guide is useful to you and you’ve successfully enabled root access on your Lava Z62 device via Magisk. Feel free to ask in the comments below.