In this guide we will see how to Unlock Bootloader of Moto G4 Plus. Why you should unlock the bootloader? Unlocking the bootloader on Moto G4 Plus will allow tou to customize your device, You can install custom Recovery, Root Moto G4 Plus and many more. Also, Moto G4 Plus hidden LED light which you can use as notification light after you root Moto G4 Plus.
- Unlocking your device may void your phone warranty.
- This Method is only for Moto G4 Plus users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Take complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
How to unlock bootloader of Moto G4 Plus
- First of all, enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on the Build Number 7 Times until you see a toast message “Developer options enabled“
- Go to Settings -> Developer Option -> Switch the Allow OEM Unlock.
4. Open ADB folder and then open the command prompt window by press and hold the shift and right mouse clicked anywhere in that folder.
5. Now Put your device into Fastboot Mode (Turn of your Phone – Press Power Button and volume Down simultaneously) or connect Moto G4 Plus to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing the below command in Command Window
adb reboot bootloader
6. After your device is successfully booted in fastboot mode, Type the below command in command prompt and then press enter.
adb reboot bootloader
7. The above command will return a string (As shown in Picture). Now copy the code in notepad and delete all the blank spaces, It will become single line String.
8. Now go to Motorola’s unlock the bootloader site and create a free account or Sign in via Google+ Account.
9. Paste the above String (Unlock Code) in the Moto site (step 6) and click on Can my device be unlocked?, YClick on I Accept terms and Conditions.
10. The Unlock Key will be sent to your registered E-Mail Id.
11.Copy the Unlock Key and paste in Command Window to execute the following command.
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KEY
12. Now your Moto G4 Plus will be successfully unlocked after executing the above command.
13) Reboot Moto G4 Plus and done.