If you are the owner of the Nubia Z20 and are looking for a method on how to unlock the bootloader then, you are at the right place. In this post, we will guide you on how to unlock bootloader on Nubia Z20 via ADB Fastboot. Similar, to other smartphones, the Nubia Z20 comes with a locked bootloader. Moreover, the device runs on the custom Nubia skin out of the box so, it is easy to unlock its bootloader. The ZTE Nubia Z20 was launched in August 2019 and is a flagship device with top of the line specs. Besides, the device also sports the all-screen design in the front.
If you are new to rooting, then you must understand that first, you need to unlock the bootloader of the device and then install a custom recovery like TWRP to root the device. Also, rooting allows the user to go ahead and install restricted apps, mod apps, install custom OS like Lineage OS, etc on the device. Note that the unlocking of the bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, it is better to allow the warranty period to get over and then unlock it. However, if you do not want to wait then, you can follow this guide on how to unlock bootloader on Nubia Z20 via ADB Fastboot.
Nubia Z20 – Device Overview
The ZTE Nubia Z20 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ SoC processor which is paired with 6/8GB of RAM. In the display department, it sports an AMOLED display of 6.42 inches with 1080 x 2340 pixel resolutions with a secondary display on the back which is an AMOLED 5.1-inch screen. The Nubia Z20 is available in options of 6GB/128GB, 8GB/128GB and 8GB/512GB of memory and storage. It runs on the Android 9 Pie out of the box with the Nubia UI 7 on top. Note that there is no dedicated memory card slot on this device.
In the camera section, it has a triple camera setup that houses 48MP+8MP+16 MP lens which comprises of a wide, telephoto, and an ultra-wide sensor, respectively. Interestingly, for selfies, you can make use of the secondary screen provided on the back and the rear camera acts as the front-facing camera giving you a triple camera setup at the front as well. One interesting feature of the device is that the device has a dual fingerprint scanner mounted on either side of the device. Also, this phone comes with a massive non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery and supports fast battery charging 27W.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Nubia Z20 via ADB Fastboot
Before we begin the unlocking of the bootloader on Nubia Z20, let us take a deep look at what is a bootloader and what advantages or disadvantages you get, once you unlock it;
What is Bootloader?
A bootloader is a program that is the first thing that boots up in your device whenever you turn ON your device. It commands the device to run the appropriate programs in order to run smoothly and provide better performance. Moreover, the bootloader is stored away from the reach of the user and is stored at a stable memory so that the user could not hamper the files. However, there are methods and ways via which you can safely unlock the bootloader of the device and go ahead with flashing a custom recovery to root your device. But, you should make sure to follow a reliable guide and follow the steps correctly in order to avoid any permanent damage to your phone.
- You can install any custom ROM like Lineage OS, Resurrection ROM, etc.
- You can also root your device.
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP.
- After unlocking the bootloader, it voids the warranty of your device.
- You will no longer receive the official OTA updates.
- You can brick your device if you do not follow the steps carefully.
- To Unlock Bootloader on Nubia Z20 smartphone via ADB Fastboot, you need a laptop or PC.
- Make sure to keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
- It is highly recommended you to take a complete backup of your device internal data. All of your device data will delete.
- You need a USB cable to connect your device with PC.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader on Nubia Z20 via ADB Fastboot
- First of all, you need to enable the Developer Options on your Nubia Z20.
- Go to Settings>>About Phone>>tap on the Build Number 7 times till you see a toast message “You are now a developer”.
- Under the Developer Options, you need to enable USB Debugging option as well.
- To do that again head to the Settings>>Developer Options>>enable USB Debugging.
- Now, download the platform-tools (ADB and Fastboot tools) from the download section above and extract it.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC via a USB cable and let all the drivers install on your PC.
- Open the CMD or command prompt by pressing the Shift + Right-click combination on the same folder where you have extracted the contents of the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Type in the below commands in the CMD and press Enter;
- The above command will show you the list of devices connected to the PC. In case your device’s serial number is not listed, then you need to reinstall the USB drivers and retry again.
- Now, if the phone is listed, type the below command to proceed;
fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX627J
- Once the above command has finished executing, finally type the below command;
- This will reboot your device. Note that the system might take a little longer to boot up your device. So, be patient.
- That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of the Nubia Z20.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you guys liked this post and were able to unlock the bootloader of Nubia Z20 smartphone. Note that you should only follow this guide if you are using it on Nubia Z20 and not any other devices to avoid problems. Moreover, you can go ahead and flash any custom recovery like TWRP to root your device and open the world of customizations. Let us know in the comments if you successfully unlocked the bootloader of the Nubia Z20 device using the above method or not. Until the next post…Cheers!