If you’re an advanced Android user and want to perform customizations and flashing custom files on your Galaxy A70s device, you have to unlock the bootloader of your phone. Unlocking the Android phone’s bootloader is the first step to flashing Custom Firmware and rooting as well. Here in this guide, we have shared steps on How to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A70s device.
The bootloader is a code that is executed before any Operating System starts. It runs on all the PC, laptops, smartphones, and other such devices that have an operating system. Bootloaders basically are a package of instructions to boot operating system kernel on a specific device. Each processor and motherboard has its own bootloader depends on the smartphone models. However, Unlocking the device bootloader will delete the user data completely.
Samsung Galaxy A70s Specifications: Overview
The Samsung Galaxy A70s comes with a 6.7-inch FHD+ display. It’s powered by Snapdragon 675 SoC, coupled with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of onboard storage (512GB expandable). The device features a 64MP + 5MP + 8MP rear camera setup and a 32MP selfie camera.
It runs on Android 9 Pie over One UI and sports a 4,500 mAh battery with fast charging support. The handset has Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, FM Radio, Type-C port, a 3.5mm audio jack, and more. It packs an accelerometer, ambient light, compass, proximity sensor, and an in-display fingerprint sensor.
What is Bootloader Unlocking?
Bootloader Unlocking allows the user to install Custom Firmware, Custom Mod Files, Custom Recovery, or install root on their Android devices. The smartphone OEMs don’t offer devices without a locked bootloader. Meanwhile, Unlocking the device bootloader may void device warranty if applicable. It also wipes out the user data from the internal storage.
After unlocking it, the system security turns off and users can simply install Custom ROM and root their devices in order to modify and change the system files and apps on their devices.
Steps to unlock bootloader on Galaxy A70s
Before rooting a device or flashing any custom ROM, your device bootloader should be unlocked. Once the bootloader is unlocked, you can install Custom Recovery, Custom Firmware, and flash root as well. Without unlocking the bootloader, all of these tasks can’t be completed. In this guide, we have shared the easy method to unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy A70s.
Make sure to follow the requirements properly before jumping into the process.
- This guide is for the Samsung Galaxy A70s model only. [A707F/A707FN/A707MN/A707GM/A707YN/A707W/A7070]
- Keep your device charged 60% minimum.
- Take a complete backup of the phone data.
- Enable the Developer Options on your device. Follow the guide below.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable required.
- You will require to enter into the Samsung Download Mode.
- Go to the device Settings menu then head over to About phone and find the build number.
- Tap on the build number 6 times until you see a message “You’re now a developer”.
- Now, go back to the Settings main menu again and search for Developer options > enable OEM unlocking.
- Connect your device to your PC via a USB cable.
- Switch off your phone with the POWER + Volume DOWN button and directly hold the Volume UP + DOWN button together.
- Now, your Galaxy A70s device will boot into DOWNLOAD MODE.
- Long press the Volume UP button to unlock the device bootloader. This will wipe your internal data and automatically reboot your device.
- Set up your device and enable the Developer Options again.
- If you see that the OEM unlocking option is greyed out, that means you have unlocked your device bootloader.
Once you have unlocked the device bootloader, you will enter into the world of customizations and tweaks over Custom ROMs and mod files. Additionally, you can install the root file on your device to get superuser access over system files and apps.
We assume this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully unlocked the bootloader on Galaxy A70s. Feel free to ask in the comments below.