This is a full guide on How to update Ascend G7 to Marshmallow OS manually. Huawei recently started sending Marshmallow update to their all Honor and Huawei smartphone which includes, P9, P9 Lite, Honor 4X, etc. Today Huawei started sending Marshmallow OTA update to Huawei Ascend G7. Huawei Ascend G7 was launched in 2014 with Android 4.4 Kitkat OS and the company promised the release of Marshmallow for Ascend G7 at the time of Marshmallow release. Now you can download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Ascend G7 from the below link. This is an official Stock Marshmallow OS for Ascend G7. Here you can find a full guide on How to update Ascend G7 to Marshmallow OS manually. As we already said the update is sent to all the device running Stock firmware, either you can wait for the Android 6.0 OTA for Huawei Ascend G7. If you can’t wait then download the Stock ROM Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Ascend G7 here.
What is in Android 6.0 Marshmallow ?
Android 6.0 Marshmallow was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop. It was unveiled at Google I/O 2015. This is the eighth major version of the Android operating system. This has a huge incremental and feature on this update. IT brings you a feature which saves a lot of battery on your phone called Doze mode. This feature will keep your phone idle while you don’t use the phone. Marshmallow primarily focuses on improving the overall user experience of Lollipop and introduced unique features like Now On Tap, new permissions architecture, a new power management system, Native Fingerprint support, and other internal changes.
This is an Official Huawei Ascend G7 Stock Marshmallow Firmware
READ THIS CAUTION :
So before jump into the manual upgradation setup, please make sure you are running the stock firmware and also you have a good amount juice with at least 80% Charge. If not please charge the phone. Backup your phone in case if you need it later. If you brick the device we are not responsible. Do it at your own risk.
Steps for How to update Ascend G7 to Marshmallow Manually
[button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”http://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=84164&version=328797&siteCode=tr”]DOWNLOAD MARSHMALLOW ROM[/button]
- First of all Download the OTA from the above download link
- Create a new folder called dload in your root of the internal memory on your smartphone
- Extract the OTA zip and you will find update.app file (This is the one which we needed) Now move the update.app to the newly created folder “dload“
- Open the Settings in your phone and click the menu Update
- Now tap on Local Update – This is where you can update firmware OTA manually.
- You will see the update.app, Now tap on that and your update process will start.
- Wait for some time.
- Once completed, reboot your device
- You have manually updated your Huawei Ascend G7 Smartphone