Great news for unlocked HTC U11 Users..!! Now you can install HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo update. The latest HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo update is rolling for the unlocked variants. It moves the build number of the unlocked HTC U11 to 2.42.617.1. The HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo update brings the December 2017 Security patch update. We are two months old in 2018, so, this may seem a bit late. But this is primarily an Android OS step-up update and it also fixes certain bugs and improves the device performance. It brings the latest Android O to the HTC U11. We may expect a more fresh update soon that would concentrate on security patches.
The HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo update has started to roll out for users in the US for the unlocked variants. It is being sent via OTA (Over the Air) for users in a phase-wise manner. It may take a couple of days or weeks to reach every user. If you can’t wait for the Official OTA update, then you can check for the HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo update manually by following the below steps. Apart from the OTA, we have provided the link to the official ROM. There is also a tutorial, in brief, to guide you in installing the latest Oreo Update.
Unlocked HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo [Download OTA]
- In the Home screen, Tap on All apps, and then tap Settings.
- Go to About Phone > Tap Software updates.
- Tap Check now buttons to see if you have the new update.
- Hit DOWNLOAD to download the update.
- Once the download is completed, you will be prompted to install the new software from the Notifications pull down.
- Click on the notification to begin the upgrade process.
- To begin the update process to software version 2.42.617.1 tap OK
- The device will reboot and begin the installation. You will not be able to use the device during the installation process.
- Once the system update is complete, tap OK to continue.
- Go to Play Store and tap the Menu icon, then select My apps and ensure all installed apps are updated.
Note:- During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the AC charger or long-press the Power button as this might stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable.
If you already received the HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo OTA update with build 2.42.617.1, then hit the download button to enjoy the Android O on unlocked HTC U11.
What’s on Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
How To Manually Install The HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo Update [2.42.617.1]
In case if you still not received the 2.42.617.1 HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo update, then check for the update manually. Before manually flashing he Oreo update, follow these instructions.
- This guide is to Install Stock OTA Manually on HTC U11 Unlocked
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong
- GetDroidTips is not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
- Download Minimal ADB Tool or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here
- Get the HTC Drivers
Download Unlocked HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo 2.42.617.1 Firmware
Here is the official link to download the latest 2.42.617.1 HTC U11 Oreo Update.
- Latest 2.42.617.1 HTC U11 Oreo Firmware | Download
Steps of Installation
Step-1 Download and save the HTC U11 ROM update to your PC.
Step-2 Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable.
Step-3 If the device is not recognized by the PC, ensure you have HTC Sync Manager installed and then disconnect and reconnect the device from the USB cable.
Step-4 Once the device is properly recognized on the PC, locate the HTC U11 ROM Update that you downloaded. Double-click on the file to launch the system update wizard.
Step-5 Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
Step-6 Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
Step-7 Once the device reboots, the initial setup wizard will appear.
Step-8 After the initial setup process is complete, open Play Store, tap the Menu icon, then select My apps and ensure all apps are updated.
Step-9 After initial setup and updating all apps, the device is ready for use.
Note: If the ROM update wizard fails to recognize the device, close the wizard and then follow the steps below:
- From a powered off state, hold VOLUME DOWN while powering on the device to access download mode.
- Connect the device to the PC while in this state and attempt the ROM update again.
- To exit download mode manually, use the volume keys to navigate to reboot. Press the POWER button to select it.
So, that’s all you have to do. Go download the latest HTC U11 Android 8.0 Oreo update and enjoy.