A New update for Huawei Honor 9. Huawei started seeding the latest Android Oreo update for Huawei Honor 9. The update brings the build number STF-TL10C01B336a / STF-AL10C01B336a / STF-AL00C01B336a (18.104.22.1686a). The update is currently rolling for China region with variant STF-TL10, STF-AL10 and STF-AL00. Now you can download and install Huawei Honor 9 B336a Android Oreo Firmware Update by following this guide.
The new updated version B336a brings the latest Google security patches released in August 2018 for improved system security. Along with Security patches, the firmware build has optimized the front fingerprint navigation performance and fixes an issue where some apps would freeze, also fixes Weather app was unable to refresh.
The update has already rolled via OTA (Over the air) and it is sent in a phase-wise manner. The update may take a couple of days or even weeks to reach every corner of the world.
Manually Check Huawei Honor 9 B336a Android Oreo Firmware Update
If you are waiting for the latest OTA update on your Huawei Honor 9, then you can check the OTA manually. Follow our below guide which can see if you have any OTA on your phone. Before that make sure you are running Official Stock ROM without root or mods installed. If you are rooted, then first you need to unroot your phone.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei Honor 9. In case if you find the Huawei Honor 9 B336a Android Oreo Firmware Update build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup of any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Huawei Honor 9, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Huawei Honor 9 B336a Android Oreo Firmware Update. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
- This update optimizes front fingerprint navigation performance,
- Integrates Google security patches released in August 2018 for improved system security.
- Fixes an issue where some apps would freeze when attempts were made to return to the home screen in Landscape mode.
- Fixes an issue where the Weather app was unable to refresh the user’s location in some areas.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei Honor 9
- Model No: STF-TL10 / STF-AL10 / STF-AL00
- Android OS: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Oreo: 22.214.171.1246a
- Firmware: B336a
- Build Number: STF-TL10C01B336a / STF-AL10C01B336a / STF-AL00C01B336a
- Region: China
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
- This Update is only for Huawei Honor 9 with STF-TL10 / STF-AL10 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure that you have latest Huawei USB drivers installed
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
STF-TL10C01B336a – 126.96.36.1996a – China
STF-AL10C01B336a – 188.8.131.526a – China
STF-AL00C01B336a – 184.108.40.2066a – China
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder.
Some Useful Tips and Tricks:
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Honor 9
- ByPass FRP lock or Remove Google Account on Honor 9
- Huawei Honor 9 Stock Firmware Collections – Updated
- Download Latest Magisk zip, Magisk Manager and Root your phone
- Install Xposed Framework for Android Oreo – Download Xposed v89
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device