New updates are added on August 5, 2020: The latest July 2020 security patch is now live for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro. It is purely incremental in nature and does not add anything else. It arrives with version number 10.1.0.287 and weighs in around 303 MB in size.
Good news for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone users, because the Chinese OEM has now made the latest June 2020 security patchset live for the device in multiple regions. Ideally, the update should hit your Mate 20 Pro units via OTA in batches, but for those who do not wish to wait for the OTA and want to upgrade their phones manually, you can grab the download link provided in this post and flash your phone with it.
Keep in mind that the latest security update is based on Android 10 (EMUI 10). For specs buff, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro was launched back in 2018 and comes with specs like Kirin 980 coupled with 6/8 GB of RAM, a 4,200 mAh battery, up to 256 GB of onboard storage, triple-rear camera setup and much more. The phone came with Android 9 Pie out of the box and now runs on the latest Android 10. With this new update, the phone is now updated with the latest available security patchset. So, with that being said, let us take a look at the article itself:
Table of Contents
Check for the Software Update on Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Before you do anything to flash your Huawei Mate 20 Pro with the latest security patch, we would advise you to go through your settings menu and check for the OTA notification. If the update is available via OTA then, you are spared a few steps that you would have to make for a manual update. In order to check for the June security update, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings menu on your phone.
- Then tap on the System Option.
- Now under the System Option, head over to System Update menu.
- Tap on Check for Updates. This will show you the latest update, if available.
- Device: Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Model: LYA-LGPR2
- Android version: Android 10
- EMUI version: EMUI 10
- Firmware version: 10.0.0.239, 10.0.0.238, 10.0.0.237, 10.0.0.236, 10.1.0.270,
- Security patch level: June 2020
– Integrates Android security patches released in June 2020 for improved system security.
- This article and the firmware files given in this post are only for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone and should not be used for any other device.
- Make sure to charge your phone to about 50% or above for a smooth process.
- You will need a PC and a USB cable.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your phone’s data.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers
- LYA-LGRP2-OVS 10.0.0.239: Link
- LYA-LGRP2-OVS 10.0.0.238: Link
- LYA-LGRP2-OVS 10.0.0.237: Link
- LYA-LGRP2-OVS 10.0.0.236: Link
- LYA-LGRP2-OVS 10.1.0.270: Link
Now to install the downloaded June 2020 security firmware on your Huawei Mate 20 Pro, you can simply refer to our complete post by clicking the button below:How To Install Stock Firmware on any Huawei Device
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys were able to update your Huawei Mate 20 Pro with the latest June 2020 security patchset using the link given above for the package file and the installation procedure mentioned above. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues while following any of the above-mentioned methods. Until the next post…Cheers!