[caption id="attachment_196819" align="aligncenter" width="290"]
The size of the software also varies from device to device. Some Mate 20 X users may get the system software as a file of 700 MB. One update also weighs a massive 4 GB. The system upgrade to EMUI 10 comes with bug fixes, new user-interface, security patches of December. Also, the device is getting improved GPU Turbo, fixes bugs relating to no sound during the call, screen display of incoming calls.
As the rollout is in progress, Mate 20 X users should receive the update anytime now. However, as we know OTA updates go about randomly, so, some users in certain regions may have to wait for a long period to see the EMUI 10.
If you do not like to wait, go to Settings > System > Software Updates. Check for any new update the device has. If at all there is a new upgrade to EMUI 10 available, use Wi-Fi to download it. Make sure to juice up your device before installing the software update.
Google has finally announced the official Android 10 OS version with a bunch of new features, system security, improvements, and system UI changes. The Android 10 (aka Android Q) is now official and already rolling out to Pixel series devices, Essential Phone, Redmi K20 Pro, OnePlus 7 Pro. Here in this article, we will share the details of Huawei Mate 20 X Android 10 release date and EMUI 10 features in brief.
Well, Huawei is always very quick in upgrading their device to the latest Android version. This time, Huawei has promised to upgrade most of their latest device to EMUI 10 based on Android 10 OS. As per the statement, Huawei Mate 20 X will receive Android 10 Q update with EMUI 10 user interface. Thanks to the all-new project treble insertion by Google which brings fast Android OS update to all the device. Make sure to bookmark this article to get the update of Android 10 for Huawei Mate 20 X.
Table of Contents
Huawei Mate 20 X Android 10 Release Date
Huawei has announced the latest EMUI 10 custom skin based on Android 10 at Huawei’s developer conference last month. The new version of custom skin already surfaced on new refreshed Huawei P30 Pro device variants at IFA last week. The company has revealed the update timeline for its devices which will receive the Android 10 stable version. The EMUI 10 is currently available in the beta version on Huawei P30 and P30 Pro devices. These two phones will get a stable update in November 2019.
Huawei Mate 20 X will receive the beta update starting from December 2019 and will receive the stable version of EMUI 10 based on Android 10 OS in this year itself. The update will be also available to Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 RS, Mate 20X (4G), Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro, and Honor View 20. Meanwhile, Huawei plans to release EMUI 10 beta update for the Mate 20 series, Honor 20 series, and Honor View 20 models in October 2019.
Top EMUI 10 Features
As the latest Android version is the 10th generation of Google’s Android OS and it brings a bunch of new features and system improvements as well. Therefore, the Android 10 based EMUI 10 custom skin will also get all the core features.
- 3D Touch: It gives a super smooth touch effect with animation. It feels so fast and responsive than a normal touch pressure effect.
- Live Caption: The Live Caption brings real-time automatic captions to media on your device. It will provide live captions for the videos, podcasts, and audio messages, apps, etc. It works offline too.
- System-Wide Dark Mode: The dark mode saves battery juice a lot and reduces eye strain during night time.
- The swipe gesture navigation control offers more improved functionalities in Android 10.
- App Drawer: The new app drawer seems just like a Pixel Launcher. The drawer opens like swipe up from the home screen.
- New Stock Camera UI: The stock EMUI camera app UI has been tweaked a little bit. The slider between camera shutter button and modes text appears as a red dot this time.
- Notification and Quick Settings Toggle: The latest upcoming EMUI version will allow users to choose and set notification controls. It offers quick shortcut toggle.
- New Transition Animation: Huawei has introduced the new transition animation style for the swipe to go home gesture.
- Privacy and Security: It enables system security, app permission control, location control, and more.
- Bubbles: Bubbles feature is a new feature in Android Q which looks and works like Facebook Messenger.
- Desktop Mode: Android Q in EMUI 10 will feature desktop mode to connect your device easily to the monitor.
Additionally, you can check more EMUI 10 features and supported device list.
Steps to Register and Download EMUI 10 Beta Update on Huawei Mate 20 X
Huawei EMUI 10 will be available in the beta version at first for Huawei Mate 20 X. If you want to test out the beta update then follow the below steps and join the program.
- First, download the Huawei Beta app for your Huawei Mate 20 X from here.
- Then launch the app and login with your Huawei ID. Use or create the ID using email or mobile number.
- Search for an eligible beta campaign then tap on sign up.
- Once you have successfully signed up, Huawei will provide the OTA update automatically on your Huawei Mate 20 X.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
You can also manually check for the update by going to the device Settings > System > Software update > Check For Updates. If the update isn’t available then you can request for it via the HiCare app. Go to the HiCare app and tap on the checkbox and select apply in order to proceed.
Hope this article will be useful to you. If you have any queries, you can ask in the comments below.
Huawei Mate 20 X Specifications:
Huawei Mate 20 X features a 7.2 inches AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2244 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55 Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm) processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Mate 20 X comes with Triple 40 MP + 20 MP + 8 MP, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR and 24 MP front shooting camera.
Huawei Mate 20 X runs on Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0 and backed by 5000 mAh Non-removable battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back. The handset supports Hybrid Dual SIM with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.
- Huawei’s HarmonyOS: Features, Release Date, and Supported List
- EMUI 9.1 Official Now: What’s New, Supported Huawei devices list, and Download
- List of Android 9 Pie Supported Huawei Devices [Download Available]
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Huawei Honor Devices
- List of AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM Supported devices [aka Android Q]