Today Huawei started rolling the latest updated version of Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei Mate 9 Pro. The update brings the build number to LON-L29C185B229/LON-L29C432B229 on Huawei Mate 9 Pro Middle-East/Europe variant. Now you can install Huawei Mate 9 Pro B229 Nougat Firmware on the LON-L29 variant.
The update is sent via OTA (Over the air), and it may take a couple of days or even weeks to receive the update. Like we said, The update is rolling in a phase-wise manner. You need to wait for the official roll out to upgrade Huawei Mate 9 Pro to the new version. The update brings the latest Security Patch, features and also brings a couple of improvements and bug fixes.
Manually Check Huawei Mate 9 Pro B229 Nougat Firmware LON-L29 [Middle-East/Europe]
If you are still waiting for the OTA update on your Huawei Mate 9 Pro, then you can check the OTA manually. Follow our below guide which can see if you have any OTA on your phone. Before that make sure you are running Official Stock ROM without root or mods installed. If you are rooted, then first you need to unroot your phone.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei Mate 9 Pro. In case if you find the Huawei Mate 9 Pro B229 Nougat Firmware build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup before any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Huawei Mate 9 Pro, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Huawei Mate 9 Pro B229 Nougat Firmware. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei Mate 9 Pro
- Model No: LON-L29
- Android OS: 7.0
- EMUI Version: 5.0
- Firmware: B229
- Build Number: LON-L29C185B229/LON-L29C432B229
- Region: Middle-East/Europe
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
What’s on Android 7.0 Nougat?
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
Huawei Mate 9 Pro B229 Nougat Firmware Changelog:
- This update adds Highlights in Gallery and Moving picture in Camera.
Adds Moving picture, enabling you to take dynamic photos in Standard mode. Adds a feature to summarize your moments in an album and a video in Gallery.
- Integrates Google security patches for improved system security.
- This Update is only for Huawei Mate 9 Pro with LON-L29 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
LON-L29C185B229 – Middle-East
Download Data File update_full_LON-L29_hw_meafnaf.zip
LON-L29C432B229 – Europe
Download Data File update_full_LON-L29_hw_eu.zip
Some Useful Tips and Tricks:
- How to Install Xposed Framework on Nougat 7.0 and 7.1
- Huawei Mate 9 Pro Official Android 8.0 Oreo Update
- Huawei Mate 9 Pro Firmware collections – Updated
- A guide to fix Bootloop Issue Caused by an Incompatible Xposed Module
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device