Receiving the latest updates on our Android devices is one of the good feelings which makes us believe that the OEM has not forgotten about the device and is constantly working on improving the functionality of the phone. Lately, users have understood the importance of security updates, and smartphone OEMs have also become pretty adamant about the rollout of the security updates. In line with this, the latest security update is now live for the Huawei MediaPad T5. The new OTA brings June 2020 security patchset for the tablet.
The update will be arriving via OTA and will take some time in hitting all the units. Luckily for those who do not wish to wait for the OTA, they can grab the update package file and use it to upgrade their Huawei MediaPad T5 with the latest June 2020 security update. The update is based on EMUI 8 Android 8. The new security patch is available for both the WiFi-only (AGS2-W09/AGS2-W19) and LTE/WiFi (AGS2-L03/AGS2-L09) versions of the Huawei MediaPad T5. With that being said, let us dive straight into the article:
Table of Contents
Check for the Software Update on Huawei MediaPad T5
First and foremost, initially before heading over to the steps mentioned below for manual upgrading, we advise our Huawei MediaPad T5 users to check for the OTA notification. If the update is available via OTA then, you are spared a few steps that you would have to make for a manual update. In order to check for the June security update, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings menu on your phone.
- Then tap on the System Option.
- Now under the System Option, head over to System Update menu.
- Tap on Check for Updates. This will show you the latest update, if available.
- Device: Huawei MediaPad T5
- Model: AGS2-W09/AGS2-W19 (Wi-Fi only), AGS2-L03/AGS2-L09 (LTE/Wi-Fi)
- Android version: Android 8 Oreo
- EMUI version: EMUI 8
- Firmware version: 188.8.131.527, 184.108.40.2060
- Security patch level: June 2020
– Integrates Android security patches released in June 2020 for improved system security.
- This article and the firmware files provided in this article are only meant for the Huawei MediaPad T5 tablet and should not be used for any other device.
- Make sure to charge your tablet to about 50% or above for a smooth process.
- You will need a PC and a USB cable.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device’s data.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers
Now to install the downloaded June 2020 security firmware on your Huawei MediaPad T5 tablet, you can refer to our complete article about installation of the update firmware manually, by clicking the button below:How To Install Stock Firmware on any Huawei Device
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys were able to update your Huawei MediaPad T5 with the latest June 2020 security patchset using the link given above for the package file and the installation procedure mentioned above. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues while following any of the above-mentioned methods. Until the next post…Cheers!