Huawei Nova 2 started receiving a new software update. The software update on the device jumps to B336 which upgrades the variant PIC-TL00 / PIC-AL00 in China region. The build number on Huawei Nova 2 comes with PIC-TL00C00B336 and PIC-AL00C00B336(22.214.171.1246). Now you can download and install Huawei Nova 2 B336 Oreo Firmware Update by following this guide. This update optimizes system performance and stability.
Huawei Nova 2 features a 5.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core (4×2.36 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53) and HiSilicon Kirin 659 coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Nova 2 comes with Dual 12MP + 8MP Rear Camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash and 20MP front shooting camera. Huawei Nova 2 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with a Non-removable Li-Po 3,340 mAh battery with Fast battery charging.
The new update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) and will soon reach every user around the globe with Huawei Nova 2. So kindly wait for a couple of days or even weeks to receive this new update on your phone. The update is sent via phase-wise manner. You can either wait for the update or you can install the software update manually by following our guide below. We have given the download link to the build number PIC-TL00C00B336 / PIC-AL00C00B336 (China).
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you have rooted or installed any mods or recovery, then you may not be able to install the update. So in order to upgrade your phone to the latest version. First, you need to either unroot or you can install the update manually.[/su_note]
How to Manually Check for Update on Huawei Nova 2
Recommended: Take Full Backup of any installation or upgrade.
- First of all, Go to Settings
- Now Tap on System –> System Update –> Check for Updates
- If you have a new update with build B336, Go to New Version –> Quick Update
- If the system shows up to date, then you can install the OTA Package manually.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Before proceeding to download, Huawei Nova 2 must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading the update on Huawei Nova 2 (PIC-TL00 / PIC-AL00 ). As this update is an incremental update, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Huawei Nova 2, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Huawei Nova 2 B336 Oreo Firmware Update. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei Nova 2
- Model No: PIC-TL00 / PIC-AL00
- Android OS: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Oreo: 126.96.36.1996
- Firmware: B336
- Build Number: PIC-TL00C00B336 / PIC-AL00C00B336
- Region: China
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
PIC-TL00C00B336 – 188.8.131.526 – China
PIC-AL00C00B336 – 184.108.40.2066 – China
Steps to Install Huawei Nova 2 B336 Oreo Firmware
Before following the below guide on how to install B336 Oreo firmware on Huawei Nova 2, you need to follow certain requirements. Download the required files before flashing the firmware on your phone.
- This ROM is supported only for Huawei Nova 2 with variant PIC-TL00 / PIC-AL00.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Download the Huawei USB Drivers.
- Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
- Huawei nova 2 Stock Firmware Collections
- Download and Install Huawei Nova 2 Android 8.0 Oreo Update
- How To Install TWRP Recovery For Huawei Nova 2 (Root And Gapps Guide)
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Huawei Honor Devices
- List of Android P Supported Huawei Devices
- Download Latest Magisk zip, Magisk Manager and Root your phone
- How to Install Xposed Framework on Nougat 7.0 and 7.1
- A guide to fix Bootloop Issue Caused by an Incompatible Xposed Module
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device