The Huawei P Smart Z was launched back in May 2019 with EMUI 9 based on Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box. Now, if you’re a Huawei P Smart Z user and eagerly waiting for the latest Android 10 update, you can download and Install Huawei P Smart Z Android 10 Q update based on Android 10. As the company has started rolling out the new EMUI 10 update for the Huawei P Smart Z units.
Currently, the update is rolling in the stable channel and rolling out in batches with plenty of Android 10 features, UI changes, and other system improvements as well. For your info, the stable roll-out process may take a couple of days or more to hit all the units globally. So, you can follow the full guide below to install the Android 10 on your device manually.
Huawei P Smart Z Specifications:
Huawei P Smart Z features a 6.5 inches IPS LCD FHD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2316 Pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-Core 4 x 2.2GHz Cortex-A73, 4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53 Hisilicon Kirin 710, 64-bit Processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 512GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei P Smart Z comes with dual 16 MP + 2 MP, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, HDR, panorama and 16 MP front shooting camera.
Huawei P Smart Z runs on Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0 OS and backed by Li-Po 4000 mAh Non-removable battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back. The handset supports Hybrid Dual SIM with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.
EMUI 10 Update
Huawei has announced the latest EMUI 10 custom skin based on Android 10 at Huawei’s developer conference. The new version of custom skin already surfaced on new refreshed Huawei P30 Pro device variants at IFA last week. The company has revealed the update timeline for its devices which will receive the Android 10 stable version. The EMUI 10 is currently available in the beta version.
As the latest Android version is the 10th generation of Google’s Android OS and it brings a bunch of new features and system improvements as well. Therefore, the Android 10 based EMUI 10 custom skin will also get all the core features.
- 3D Touch: It gives a super smooth touch effect with animation. It feels so fast and responsive than a normal touch pressure effect.
- Live Caption: The Live Caption brings real-time automatic captions to media on your device. It will provide live captions for the videos, podcasts, and audio messages, apps, etc. It works offline too.
- System-Wide Dark Mode: The dark mode saves battery juice a lot and reduces eye strain during night time.
- The swipe gesture navigation control offers more improved functionalities in Android 10.
- App Drawer: The new app drawer seems just like a Pixel Launcher. The drawer opens like a swipe up from the home screen.
- New Stock Camera UI: The stock EMUI camera app UI has been tweaked a little bit. The slider between the camera shutter button and modes text appears as a red dot this time.
- Notification and Quick Settings Toggle: The latest upcoming EMUI version will allow users to choose and set notification controls. It offers a quick shortcut toggle.
- New Transition Animation: Huawei has introduced the new transition animation style for the swipe to go home gesture.
- Privacy and Security: It enables system security, app permission control, location control, and more.
- Bubbles: Bubbles feature is a new feature in Android Q which looks and works like Facebook Messenger.
- Desktop Mode: Android Q in EMUI 10 will feature desktop mode to connect your device easily to the monitor.
Additionally, you can check more EMUI 10 features and supported device list.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install Huawei P Smart Z Android 10 Update
Make sure to download the required tools, drivers and ROM before trying this method.
1. Some banking apps are not compatible with Android 10. This issue can be resolved only after compatible app versions are released.
2. Some instant messaging apps are not compatible with Android 10 and may encounter issues when sending images. Restart the app to fix this issue.
3. The silent mode will be enabled by default for notifications from instant messaging apps if you disabled sound and vibration alerts for them before installing this update. The alert mode can be modified in the app settings according to your preferences.
4. For apps with the App twin feature enabled, this update might allow the twin app to read Messaging content. Disable and re-enable the App twin feature to fix the issue.
5. The screen might flicker in certain situations when playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG). Set a non-HDR resolution or restart the game to fix the issue.
6. Samsung watches might automatically disconnect from your phone after a certain period. This issue will be resolved in a later version.
7. 30x zooming by pinching out with two fingers might occasionally fail. Drag the zoom slider or restart Camera to fix this issue.
- Supported Device: Huawei P Smart Z
- What you need: You need to Activate the Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Required Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- Backup before upgrading: Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method that you can follow.
- Charge before upgrading: Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
- Firmware File
- STK-LGRP3-OVS 10.0.0.225: Full ROM | Changelog – International
- STK-L23DHNXC212E3R1P11B213 (10.0.0.213): Full ROM | OTA Update | Changelog
- STK-L23DHNXC212E3R1P11B213 (10.0.0.213): Full ROM | OTA Update | Changelog
- STK-L22C185E2R6P11B225 (10.0.0.225): OTA Update | Changelog
- STK-LGRP5-OVS 10.0.0.212: Full ROM | OTA Update | Changelog
- STK-LGRP2-OVS 10.0.0.198: Full ROM | Changelog
- STK-LGRP3-OVS 10.0.0.223: Full ROM | Changelog
- STK-LGRP3-OVS 10.0.0.210: Full ROM | Changelog
- STK-LGRP3-OVS 10.0.0.222: Full ROM | Changelog
- Download Huawei Multi-Download Tool on your computer and install it.
- Huawei USB Drivers – download and install it on your PC.
- Huawei Handset Product Line Driver – download and install it also.
- Beta Flashy Tool: Download Beta Flashy v0.2 [to flash using the first method]
Before trying to upgrade via the given method, make sure to check for the new software update manually by using the HiCare app.
1st Method: Instructions:
- First, you need to download EMUI 10 Beta Flashy v0.2 and extract on your PC’
- Download the firmware and extract it inside the same flashing tool extracted area.
- You need to enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging on your device
- Once you have enabled OEM unlocking, now open the flashy tool and run the Flash.bat file inside it.
- This will now flash the Android 9 Pie on Huawei P Smart Z.
- Once it is done! Reboot your device and enjoy the Android 10 EMUI 10.0 beta.
- That’s it! You have successfully flashed the Android Pie.
2nd Method: Instructions:
for the second method, you have to download Huawei Multi-Download Tool and Huawei Handset Product Line Driver. Now make sure to download the update.zip file for the firmware.How to use Huawei Smartphone Multi Download tool
3rd Method: Instructions:Method 1: Install Firmware via HuRUpdater tool Method 2: Install Huawei Firmware via Dload
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared a useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
We hope this guide was helpful enough to flash the Huawei P Smart Z Android 10 Update.
The Huawei p smart z just got the official Android 10 update
Just an update for Huawei P Smart users. It’s out… the Android Q update is out for P Smart Z users.