Huawei has started rolling out the EMUI 9.1 update for its 49 device models by the end of this year. The Huawei P20 (EML-L09, EML-L29) launched in 2018 March. It came with Kirin 970, Android 8.1 Oreo (EMUI 8.1), and more. Now, Huawei P20 EMUI 9.1 with July 2019 Patch based on Android Pie update rolling out globally in batches. It’s worth mentioning that for the first batch list, Huawei will roll out EMUI 9.1 update for the almost 14 Huawei/Honor devices in July month this year.
The latest update already released for Huawei Mate 20 series, Huawei 20 X, and Huawei 20 RS Porsche Design model as well. Huawei P20 series, Mate 10 series, and Mate 10 Porsche Design will get the update this month. It also includes Huawei Mate 9 series, Y9 (2019), Y6 (2019), Y5 (2019), Nova 3 series, and Nova 4 models.
The software OTA (over-the-air) update is an incremental process. Therefore, it may take some time to roll out completely depends on the region. You need to wait for the official OTA update notification for now. Meanwhile, if you want to install the update manually, follow the full guide mentioned below with requirements and download links.
Official Firmware Details:
- Device: Huawei P20
- Model No: EML-L09, EML-L29 (Global)
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- EMUI Version: 9.1
- Security Patch: July 2019
- Status: Official
- Type: Full Firmware Image
- Size :
- EMUI 9.1 comes equipped with sparkling new features that enhance the user experience in daily life.
- Adds the EROFS system function, which improves app speed and fluidity.
- Customizes incoming call videos for your contacts
- Huawei’s GPU Turbo 3.0 acceleration technology supports dozens of more games, allowing you to enjoy an improved gaming experience.
- Automatically generates highlight reels, applies effects templates, and creates MVs with a single touch.
- Supports instantaneous sharing of clipboard and screen recordings between your phone and Huawei MateBook.
- Simplifies settings and options for easier operation.
- Google Android July 2019 Security Patch with improved system security.
- Few bugs fixed.
If you haven’t received the EMUI 9.1 update yet, you can manually check for the software update. In order to check for the software update manually from the Huawei P20, Open Settings > System Update > Software update.
But if you’re not willing to wait for more, you can always check out our guide to install the firmware update on Huawei devices.
Download Huawei P20 EMUI 9.1 with July 2019 Patch
Steps to Install Firmware on Huawei P20
Before going to the installation process, check out all the pre-requirements and download all the required files as well.
- The firmware file is only for Huawei P20 device. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You need to enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on your device.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB Cable is required.
- Download and install the latest Huawei USB Drivers on your PC. That’s necessary.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device data at first.
- Charge your device before flashing up to 50% at least.
Steps to Install Huawei P20 EMUI 9.1 via Tools
Follow both the links/methods step-by-step to complete the installation process.Method 1: Guide to Install Firmware via HuRUpdater Tool Method 2: Guide to Install Huawei Firmware via Dload
If you’re still unable to flash the latest firmware update file, follow the guide mentioned below:Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
I hope this guide is useful if you plan to upgrade Huawei P20 to EMUI 9.1.