Here you can now download and install the Huawei P20 Pro B171 Software Update for the CLT-TL00 / CLT-TL01 / CLT-AL00 / CLT-AL01 variant in China region.
Huawei P20 Pro started receiving a new software update which optimizes Master AI recognition and GPU Turbo for improved stability and compatibility. Along with this update, Huawei has also included September 2018 security patch. The update is now available for CLT-TL00 / CLT-TL01 variants in China. For this variant, the software update bumps to CLT-TL00C01B171 / CLT-TL01C01B171 / CLT-AL00C01B171 / CLT-AL01C01B171 (China). Now you can download and install Huawei P20 Pro B171 Software Update by following this guide.
The update is rolling via OTA and will reach every user in a phase-wise manner. If you didn’t receive the update, then kindly wait for a couple of days or even weeks to receive this new update on your Huawei P20 Pro. In case if you have not received this update, then you can manually check for the OTA update.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you have rooted or installed any mods or recovery, then you may not be able to get the OTA update. So in order to upgrade your phone to the latest version. First, you need to either unroot or you can install the update manually.[/su_note]
Table of Contents
How to Manually Check for Update on Huawei P20 Pro
Recommended: Take Full Backup of any installation or upgrade.
- First of all, Go to Settings
- Now Tap on System –> System Update –> Check for Updates
- If you have a new update with build B171, Go to New Version –> Quick Update
- If the system shows up to date, then you can install the OTA Package manually.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Before proceeding to download, Huawei P20 Pro must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading the update on Huawei P20 Pro (CLT-TL00 / CLT-TL01). As this update is an incremental update, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Huawei P20 Pro, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Huawei P20 Pro B171 Oreo Firmware Update. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
Adds support for WeChat fingerprint payment (only available for WeChat version 6.7.3 or later).
- Optimizes Master AI recognition and optimization settings for contexts including plants and blue skies.
- Optimizes GPU Turbo for improved stability and compatibility.
- Fixes an issue where a WLAN scanning prompt repeatedly popped up in certain scenarios.
- Integrates Google security patches released in September 2018 for improved system security.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei P20 Pro
- Model No: CLT-TL00 / CLT-TL01
- Android OS: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.1
- Oreo: 22.214.171.124
- Firmware: B171
- Region: China
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
CLT-TL00C01B171 – 126.96.36.199 – China
CLT-TL01C01B171 – 188.8.131.52 – China
CLT-AL00C01B171 – 184.108.40.206 – China
CLT-AL01C01B171 – 220.127.116.11 – China
Steps to Install Huawei P20 Pro B171 Software Update
Before following the below guide on how to install firmware on Huawei P20 Pro, you need to follow certain requirements. Download the required files before flashing the firmware on your phone.
- This ROM is supported only for Huawei P20 Pro with variant CLT-TL00 / CLT-TL01.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Download the Huawei USB Drivers.
- Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
Instructions:Method 1: Install Firmware via HuRUpdater tool
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported Huawei Devices
- TWRP Recovery for Huawei Honor Devices
- Magisk zip, Magisk Manager and Root your phone
- Install Xposed Framework for Android Oreo – Download Xposed v89
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device
- Download the latest Huawei USB drivers and installation guide