New updates are added on August 11, 2020: Huawei has finally started rolling out the July 2020 security patchset for the Huawei P30 Lite smartphone. Note that we are in August and the July 2020 update has just arrived for the P30 Lite. Well, Huawei is not known for its timely updates. So, it is not a big deal. The update is also incremental in nature and arrives with version number 10.0.0.249. It weighs in around 106MB in size. Note that this version of the July 2020 update is live for the users in the UK.
If you own a Huawei P30 Lite then, we have some exciting news for you. In this post, we will give you the download links to the latest June 2020 security update for your Huawei P30 Lite. Also, note that we will include the links for all the regions where the update is live and available. The Huawei P30 Lite June 2020 security update is based on Android 10 EMUI 10 and is meant to fix the system vulnerabilities to bugs and glitches, and also improves the system stability of the phone.
Ideally, this update will be live for users in Europe, Singapore, Russia, South Africa, Hong Kong, Middle East, etc via OTA. However, if you do not wish to wait for the official OTA to arrive on your phone, then you can grab the update package file from this article and use it to manually update your Huawei P30 Lite with the latest Android security update available for any Android phone. So, with that being said, let us get us straight into the article itself:
Table of Contents
Check for the Software update on Huawei P30 Lite
Before you go ahead and do the slightly hard labor of updating your Huawei P30 Lite manually, it is advisable to check for the OTA update manually. If the update is available manually, then your task becomes much easier. Here are the steps to check for the latest update on your Huawei P30 Lite:
- Open the Settings menu on your phone.
- Then tap on the System Option.
- Now under the System Option, head over to System Update menu.
- Tap on Check for Updates. This will show you the latest update, if available.
- Device: Huawei P30 Lite
- Model: MAR-L01A, MAR-L21A, MAR-LX1A (Europe); MAR-LX1M (Russia, South Africa); MAR-LX2 (Singapore, Hong Kong); MAR-L21MEA, MAR-L22A, MAR-L22B (Middle East); MAR-LX3A (LATAM)
- Android version: Android 10
- EMUI version: EMUI 10
- Firmware version: 10.0.0.228, 10.0.0.230, 10.0.0.231, 10.0.0.232
- Security patch level: June 2020
– Integrates Android security patches released in June 2020 for improved system security.
Before we begin with this guide, I would strongly recommend you to follow the steps mentioned in this post very carefully to avoid permanent damage to your device. If anything goes wrong the author or GetDroidTips are not responsible for it.
- This article and the firmware files are also for the Huawei P30 Lite.
- Make sure to charge your phone to about 50% or above for a smooth process.
- You will need a PC and a USB cable.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your phone’s data.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers
Now to install the downloaded June 2020 security firmware on your phone, you can simply refer to our complete post on how to install stock firmware on any Huawei device.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys were able to update your Huawei P30 Lite with the latest June 2020 security patchset using the link given above for the package file and the installation procedure mentioned above. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues while following any of the above-mentioned methods. Until the next post…Cheers!