Huawei started seeding a new firmware update for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 running Android Nougat. The update comes with software version PRA-LX1C432B199/PRA-L31C432B199 which is supported for Europe region. By following this guide you can install Huawei P8 Lite 2017 B199 Nougat Firmware on the PRA-LX1/PRA-L31 variant.
Talking about the specs, Huawei P8 Lite 2017 was launched in January 2017. The smartphone features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 655 coupled with 3/4 GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei P8 Lite 2017 sports a with 12 MP rear Camera and 8MP front shooting camera. Huawei P8 Lite 2017 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with a non-removable battery of 3000 mAh.
The update is rolling over the air and will reach every user running Stock firmware without root or mods installed. According to Huawei, then the update may take a couple of days or even weeks to receive as it is sent in a phase-wise manner. The update with build number PRA-LX1C432B199/PRA-L31C432B199 adds new features and improvement such as adds a recycle bin feature to Gallery, Adds a security procedure that requires you to enter your lock screen password every three days, Adds a new split-screen function, and also Optimizes Camera performance. Along with this update, Huawei has also integrated Google security patches released in Feb 2018 for improved system security.
Table of Contents
Manually Check Huawei P8 Lite 2017 B199 Nougat Firmware PRA-LX1/PRA-L31 [Europe]
Now you can check for the OTA manually on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 Europe region in case if you didn’t receive the OTA. You can follow the below-given instruction on your phone to check for the official OTA update on your phone. Make sure that your device is running on Stock ROM without root or mods. If you are rooted, then you have to unroot it to receive the official OTA or else you can follow the below step by step guide to flash the PRA-LX1C432B199/PRA-L31C432B199 firmware on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei P8 Lite 2017. In case if you find the Huawei P8 Lite 2017 B199 Nougat Firmware build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup of any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA then don’t worry. You can now upgrade your phone to latest build manually using the update.zip file given below. yes! This guide will help you to install Huawei P8 Lite 2017 B199 Nougat Firmware. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei P8 Lite 2017
- Model No: PRA-LX1/PRA-L31
- Android OS: 7.0
- EMUI Version: 5.0
- Firmware: B199
- Build Number: PRA-LX1C432B199/PRA-L31C432B199
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
Huawei P8 Lite 2017 B199 Nougat Firmware Changelog:
- Adds a recycle bin feature to Gallery, allowing you to retain deleted photos for up to 30 days. Accidentally deleted photos can be restored in “Recently deleted”.
- Adds a security procedure that requires you to enter your lock screen password every three days, helping you to remember your password.
- Adds a new split-screen function. You can swiftly split the screen to check your WhatsApp messages by touching the split-screen key when you are watching a video.
- Optimizes Camera performance for faster shutter response, and a smoother experience overall.
- Integrates Google security patches released in Feb 2018 for improved system security.
PRA-LX1C432B199 – Europe
PRA-L31C432B199 – Europe
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
Some Useful Tips and Tricks:
- Huawei P8 Lite 2017 Stock Firmware Collections
- Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Huawei P8 Lite 2017
- Download Latest Magisk zip, Magisk Manager and Root your phone
- How to Install Xposed Framework on Nougat 7.0 and 7.1
- A guide to fix Bootloop Issue Caused by an Incompatible Xposed Module
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device