Today Huawei started rolling the latest updated version of Android 8.0 Oreo for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 in Asia and Europe. The update brings the build number to PRA-AL00C00B320, PRA-AL00XC00B320, and PRA-TL10C00B320 on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 Asia and Europe variant. Now you can install Huawei P8 Lite 2017 B320 Oreo Firmware on the PRA-AL00/TL00. [184.108.40.2060] (C00log).
The update is sent via OTA (Over the air), and it may take a couple of days or even weeks to receive the update. Like we said, The update is rolling in a phase-wise manner. You need to wait for the official roll out to upgrade Huawei P8 Lite 2017 to the new version Android Oreo 220.127.116.110. The update brings the latest Android 8.0 Oreo update and features along with Emotion UI 8.0 and Project treble support for Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
Talking about the specs, Huawei P8 Lite 2017 was launched in January 2017. The smartphone features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 655 coupled with 3/4 GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei P8 Lite 2017 sports a with 12 MP rear Camera and 8MP front shooting camera. Huawei P8 Lite 2017 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with a non-removable battery of 3000 mAh.
With this new Android Oreo for Huawei P8 Lite 2017, EMUI 8.0 gives a whole new experience with refreshed UI and design. It has increased the performance, battery and also improved the system security.
- 1 How to Check Software Update on Huawei P8 Lite 2017:
- 2 What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
- 3 Official Firmware Details :
- 4 Steps to Install Huawei P8 Lite 2017 B320 Android Oreo
- 5 Downloads
How to Check Software Update on Huawei P8 Lite 2017:
If you are still waiting for the OTA update on your Huawei P8 Lite 2017, then you can check the OTA manually. Follow our below guide which can see if you have any OTA on your phone. Before that make sure you are running Official Stock ROM without root or mods installed. If you are rooted, then first you need to unroot your phone.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei P8 Lite 2017. In case if you find the Huawei P8 Lite 2017 B320 Oreo Firmware build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup of any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Huawei P8 Lite 2017, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Huawei P8 Lite 2017 B320 Oreo Firmware. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei P8 Lite 2017
- Model No: PRA-AL00
- Android OS: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Firmware: B320
- Build Number: PRA-AL00C00B320 – China, PRA-AL00XC00B320, and PRA-TL10C00B320 – China
- Region: Asia and Europe
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Oreo update: 18.104.22.1680
Steps to Install Huawei P8 Lite 2017 B320 Android Oreo
Here you can follow the guide to install Project Treble supported Android 8.0 Oreo on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
- This Update is only for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 users.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Now Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
- Download and Install latest TWRP Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
- Download nocheck recovery.
- Make sure that you have Huawei USB drivers installed on PC.
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
[su_note note_color=”#fbf5c8″ text_color=”#000000″]Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.[/su_note]
22.214.171.1240 Oreo Update for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 PRA-AL00C00B320 – Asia
PRA-AL00XC00B320 – Europe
PRA-TL10C00B320 – Europe
Instructions to Install:
- If you have followed the above pre-requisite, then I consider that you have installed TWRP Recovery on your phone.
Now boot into recovery, then flash nocheck recovery Boot into TWRP > Click Install > Select Image Install > Select nocheck.img and install in recovery partition.
- In TWRP menu, Click Advanced > Select Terminal and type the below command without quotation marks.
echo –update_package=/sdcard/update.zip > /cache/recovery/command
- Again enter the below command to start the installation process
- It should restart automatically and complete the installation.
- Before restarting the system, go into stock Huawei recovery and perform a data format, and then reboot.
That’s it! You have installed the Android 8.0 Oreo on your phone based on EMUI 8.0
How to Install Project Treble on Huawei P8 Lite 2017:
- First of all, Download the AOSP GSI (Generic System Image of Android Oreo) and Oreo Supported TWRP Recovery.
- First of all, flash the TWRP Recovery on your device and boot into TWRP recovery
- In TWRP Recovery, click on Install > select install image and install to a system image partition.
- Now perform a factory reset, and then reboot.
- Done! Enjoy!
Some Useful Tips and Tricks:
- Huawei P8 Lite 2017 Stock Firmware Collections
- Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Huawei P8 Lite 2017
- Download Latest Magisk zip, Magisk Manager and Root your phone
- How to Install Xposed Framework on Nougat 7.0 and 7.1
- A guide to fix Bootloop Issue Caused by an Incompatible Xposed Module
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device