Earlier this week, we had shared the Huawei P8 Lite B165 Firmware, Now you can download and install Huawei P8 Lite B166 Stock ROM Update PRA-L22 in Asia region. Today started Huawei rolling the new update with build number PRA-L22C636B166 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Huawei P8 Lite in Asia. This update comes with latest Google Security Patch update with several bug fixes and improvements. The update has started to roll out via OTA in a phase wise manner. You can either wait for the OTA to hit your notification or you can update to B166 Marshmallow Update For Huawei P8 Lite PRA-L22 Asia manually.
Update to Lineage OS: Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P8 Lite
This update includes app updates and the latest Google security patches. The build version comes with PRA-L22C636B166 for Huawei P8 Lite (Asia).
Table of Contents
Download Install Huawei P8 Lite B166 Stock ROM Update (Asia)
To receive the OTA update on your phone manually, your phone must be running Stock Firmware without any root or mods installed. If you have received the update then before downloading and installing B166 firmware, make sure to charge your phone to at least 50% battery. To be on a safer side, take a full backup of your data using our guide below.
If you didin’t receive the update notification, then Go to System settings –> About Phone —> Software update and check for the update if any. If you still not received the update, then you can follow below guide on How to Download and Install Huawei P8 Lite B166 Stock ROM Update.
From the below guide you will learn on How to Install Huawei P8 Lite B166 Stock ROM Update PRA-L22 (Asia) manually. Please read the steps carefuly. We are not responsible if you damage/brick your phone.
What Is In Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow And Its Feature?
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2015. This is the eighth major version of the Android operating system. This has a huge incremental and feature on this update. IT brings you a feature which saves a lot of battery on your phone called Doze mode. This feature will keep your phone idle while you dont use the phone. Marshmallow primarily focuses on improving the overall user experience of Lollipop, and introduced unique features like Now On Tap, new permissions architecture, a new power management system, Native Fingerprint support, and other internal changes.
ALSO RELATED POST :
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P8 Lite
- How to Install TWRP Recovery for Huawei P8 Lite
- Guide to Download and Install MIUI 8 on Huawei P8 Lite
Official Firmware Details:
- Device: Huawei P8 Lite
- Model No: PRA-L22
- Android OS: 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- EMUI Version: 4.0
- Firmware: B166
- Build Number: PRA-L22C636B166 (Asia)
- Region: Asia
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- This Update is only for Huawei P8 Lite users.
- If you have Unlocked Bootloader on Huawei P8 Lite, then you can try this method to install Stock Firmware.
- You can either upgrade with the Normal method or you can try with TWRP Recovery. Guide to install TWRP Recovery Here.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Also, Normal Upgrade method needed PC or Laptop to flash the firmware.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Download Files Here
I Hope this guide was helpful to flash the Huawei P8 Lite Stock Firmware.